• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on FanExpo Canada, thinking about attending.

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys I am planning the yearly trip to meet up with my friends from across the country at a con. We used to do SDCC but now the ticket lottery fiasco makes it near impossible. Never been to Toronto but considering going. Thoughts on the con from anyone who has attended?

My biggest question: is it "comic heavy"? Hoping to find a good number of quality dealers with HG keys.

Thanks for any help.

And Jimmy is all aloof and weird when you say hello.

Maybes hes concerned someone will bust into a rap battle?

So you're saying he knows I spit hot fire?

And Jimmy is all aloof and weird when you say hello.
loop

Maybes hes concerned someone will bust into a rap battle?

So you're saying he knows I spit hot fire?

I didnt know!But from now on i'll be carrying water! :fear:

:foryou:

Hey guys I am planning the yearly trip to meet up with my friends from across the country at a con. We used to do SDCC but now the ticket lottery fiasco makes it near impossible. Never been to Toronto but considering going. Thoughts on the con from anyone who has attended?

My biggest question: is it "comic heavy"? Hoping to find a good number of quality dealers with HG keys.

Thanks for any help.

I'd say it's worthwhile going.

You will see some decent books, and you will see dealers/stock that you hadn't seen previously.

Toronto is also a world-class city with lots to do and a vast variety of ethnic cuisine.

Also, you'll be about 2 hours away from Niagara Falls, which obviously, is also worth seeing.

If you have any US greenbacks left after visiting thirdgreenham's choice vintage comics <3 booth at Fan Expo, I highly recommend a side trip to Niagara Falls. It is bigger and more beautiful than Niagara Falls on the Buffalo side of the border.

Thanks for any help.

I'd say it's worthwhile going.

You will see some decent books, and you will see dealers/stock that you hadn't seen previously.

Toronto is also a world-class city with lots to do and a vast variety of ethnic cuisine.

Also, you'll be about 2 hours away from Niagara Falls, which obviously, is also worth seeing.

+ 1 You will enjoy the Con.... you and your buddies will have a blast in T.O ...

Be careful saying that. I almost got run out of town for saying this. lol

Fan Expo hasn't been very Vintage heavy in previous years but Harley and Thirdgreeham do set up there as well as a few smaller guys.

Cosplay is very heavy and the audience is quite young (lots of what look to me 15 year olds) so just be aware of that - lines will be packed.

The show does have a very corporate feel to it and they have in the past sold large floor areas to non comic related stuff but it's always a treat to see if you can make it simply because you'd have to travel miles and hours to experience anything similar.

I agree, world class city with lots to do. If anyone is looking for some direction or pointers feel free to ask and I'll post them here.

Be careful saying that. I almost got run out of town for saying this. lol

Fan Expo hasn't been very Vintage heavy in previous years but Harley and Thirdgreeham do set up there as well as a few smaller guys.

Cosplay is very heavy and the audience is quite young (lots of what look to me 15 year olds) so just be aware of that - lines will be packed.

The show does have a very corporate feel to it and they have in the past sold large floor areas to non comic related stuff but it's always a treat to see if you can make it simply because you'd have to travel miles and hours to experience anything similar.

I agree, world class city with lots to do. If anyone is looking for some direction or pointers feel free to ask and I'll post them here.

I remember that. lol

Harley certainly has the best selection and depth of vintage material. I tend to think of my booth as a nice taste of decent books, and me being the guy most willing to negotiate.

Honestly, just the simple fact that the US dollar is so strong right now is with a trip. I think we are currently at 0.82c on the US dollar.

Lots to see at fan expo, but high grade keys aren't plentiful.