• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darth Vader 3 Speculation...Really??
1 1

76 posts in this topic

It is pretty cheap to buy into DV#3. Series is well written and price can jump to Walking Dead levels if characters are introduced in a future movie.

First off...an earlier poster was correct on print run...about 85000...so around 3400 for the variant.

As to the quote above, WD #1 was a 7000 print run. I doubt this book will go there, but hey, anything is possible in this hobby when high grade Batman Adventures 12 is going for over $1000.

DV3 has condition issues. The cover was made of lightweight paper and there are a couple issues present on most of the copies I've seen personally, and read about from other sources. I had to pick through a lot of them to just end up with three that I felt were 9.6-9.8 maybe.

I haven't read a ton of Star Wars but picked up issue 3 and 4 to see what it was like. I enjoyed it. I think I will grab the trades when they come around.

Edited by iceman399

Plenty of DV #3 regulars for cover at my LCS..

Theres plenty of books to speculate on, so why chose this over the others (shrug)

Good story (from the minor bit I have read).

3 first appearances (1 of which is a female which seems to be doing well). Not many books have 3 first appearances. In which characters could evolve.

Low print run for a Marvel book.

I think it just depends on how these Star Wars new series' will be received by the public (movies aside, I still believe the public is not so related).

If the new Star Wars comics are appreciated, this issue might prove sought after, but again I am not a Star Wars fan and just picked it out of curiosity…

Plenty of DV #3 regulars for cover at my LCS..

Theres plenty of books to speculate on, so why chose this over the others (shrug)

Good story (from the minor bit I have read).

3 first appearances (1 of which is a female which seems to be doing well). Not many books have 3 first appearances. In which characters could evolve.

Low print run for a Marvel book.

Low print run? :roflmao:

These Star Wars titles have been consistently in the top 10 titles for months now and Darth Vader #3 placed 8th in March. Low print run... :roflmao:

Edited by rjrjr

Regular cover continues to sell at $13, some believers out there anyway

This issue has routinely sold for less than $10 on eBay and some for less than cover price in the past month.

This is Dark Horse Star Wars #1 all over again. In 6 - 12 months, this book will be a sub cover price seller but you'll have people listing it for more because they will remember when it was hot.

This book has seen it's high. None of these characters will be showing up in a Star Wars movie. It was wishful thinking that they would.

Edited by rjrjr