• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shipping comic books on Craigslist out of state

12 posts in this topic

huh? make sure its an approved paypal address, AND get a signature confirmation if you're unsure. And get insured. All paid for by the buyer.

There's no way to have a safe transaction? money is paid and the correct books exchange hands...

I've purchased several books here and never had a problem. How safe is buying books here on the boards? Other than being put on a HOS list, does anyone come in and mediate?

There's no way to have a safe transaction? money is paid and the correct books exchange hands...

I've purchased several books here and never had a problem. How safe is buying books here on the boards? Other than being put on a HOS list, does anyone come in and mediate?

It kind of depends on who you're buying from on the boards. If it's someone who has been here years and in very involved in the community being put on the HOS list could be a major blow and that would give me some confidence in buying from them here. If it's someone who is fairly new and just posting in the for sale forums that confidence would be missing.

I would think the safest way would be to make it an ebay listing that the buyer can do a buy it now on.

Yes, that introduces fees into the equation but if you want safety you will probably have to pay for it somehow.

Back in the day, I frequently bought from 'for sale' ads in the CBG. These were almost always from individuals & not shops. It was always, "send me the money & then I'll send you the comic". Never once did I have a problem.

Mike

Unless That Craigslist buyer is standing there with cash in hand, walk away. Sell them on eBay or here on the boards; you might not net as much, but your chances of getting screwed go down proportionately as well.

Yes do not sell/ship anything on CL too many horror stories.

Even if you get a check and it clears there are those fake checks that clear then whoops no good then you're out the money. Not sure how this works.