• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone have any info on these crime comics?

19 posts in this topic

I don't usually deal in Golden Age and I only have the info that's in OSPG. I know virtually nothing about current markets, scarcity or artists.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

17206777119_dfa31b6a5f_o.jpg

Watch out for the lowball offers. You are going to be told that there is no market for crime comics. To a point that is true. But, the good ones sell very well. You have the Headline with the Jack Kirby photo cover. Lotta people want it. Same with the Fox books like Crimes by Women, and Famous Crimes. The Guns Against Gangsters and Criminals on the run have LB Cole covers and are also very popular. The other Atlas/Marvel ones are just OK but your copies look nice. Sell 'em on the boards!

Gotta get my request in. I will just do it in public. I'd love to get the Casey Crime Photographer issue with the clown on the cover. Love that book. PM me if you want to part with it.

Nice Score Chip, hope you do well!

Crimes by women are worth some bucks,Headline is a Kirby photo cover pretty neat.Crime sells when priced right looks like a nice haul you got there Chip. (thumbs u

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

When selling GA it's a good idea to give as much info about the title, issue, contents and creators as possible.

The Grand Comics Database is a great resource. It is really easy to use and is usually pretty accurate. For example, here's the listing for that Headline 37.

Fox and Atlas crime are pretty desirable. With a good description that sells the fun contents, you could do well.

Good luck!

Most of those copies look to be in great collectible condition.

Crime comics on average don't usually get the bucks that horror does, with of course some exceptions, and photo covers generally aren't as desirable as those that are drawn, again, with exceptions like the Headline copy you have.

That said, please contact me if you want to offer them for sale, particularly the Headline, Famous Crimes, & Crimes by Women.

Thanks for the info, guys. The Headline is noted in OSPG so I knew about that. As a huge Jack Kirby fan I'm keeping that one for myself so it's off the table. Famous Crimes and Crimes By Women #8 are going to a friend of mine as a gift and I'm seeing why he wanted those issues...it seems everyone wants them. lol.

Everything else will be for sale at some point but as I said I have zero idea how to price these things as it's something new that I've never had available to sell before.

Yup. Crime is dead. So sell 'em all to me.

Seriously, that's a sweet bunch of books.

The Crimes by Women title is pretty hot and seems to consistently sell for above Guide. It took me years to complete a run, and I paid multiples of Guide for many of them. True Crime and Crime Does Not Pay are also pretty hot titles, but I didn't see any of them in the photo.

As for artists, look for the great LB Cole covers, like Criminals on the Run and that outstanding shark cover on Guns Against Gangsters. He also did a lot of covers for Star. Here's hoping there's a Thrilling Crime Cases 49 buried in there. Look for Matt Baker in the St. John books like Authentic Police cases, if you have any, and you can find Kirby in Headline and Justice Traps the Guilty.

That's what comes to mind based on the photos. Feel free to expose those hidden ones and I'll let you know if anything jumps out.

If you put 'em on eBay, please let me know.

Thanks a lot for the info, everyone. I've sold a few through PM but will be sure to link here when the stuff goes on eBay. I'm keeping the Headline #37 for myself at this time...it's just too damn cool. :)

Yup, post here with a link.

Nearly forgot about this. What's left of the books are up on eBay. Here's the link :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_sop=1&_dmd=2&LH_Auction=1&_ssn=chips-comics&_ipg=192&rt=nc

Thanks for your help, everyone. :foryou:

Yup, post here with a link.

Nearly forgot about this. What's left of the books are up on eBay. Here's the link :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_sop=1&_dmd=2&LH_Auction=1&_ssn=chips-comics&_ipg=192&rt=nc

Thanks for your help, everyone. :foryou:

I'm one of the watchers on 5 of the first 6 listed. ;)