• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Store and Original Art suggestions for Munich, Germany

11 posts in this topic

I have an upcoming trip to Munich and would like to hit a few stores, galleries, museums and such while I am there (and if my wife lets me ;) I'll also take any restaurant suggestions.

Thanks!

James

Yes, there is.

It's called the Comic Festival München and it is from June 4th to June 7th.

Both links go to the same site:

http://www.comicfestival-muenchen.de/

http://www.2015.comicfestival-muenchen.de/

The show is every second year, alternating with the show in Erlangen.

The main focus is on publishers showing their new stuff, artists signing their stuff, exhibitions and speeches.

What is missing more and more (in all shows in Germany) are the dealers with back issues.

Bye,

Archi

My advice:

1) Delay trip until late Sept.

2) Go for Oktoberfest.

3) Ditch the comics.

But if you're down in the city center, try Hofbrauhaus Munchen. They have a potato side that is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life.

I was in Munich last year for Oktoberfest, definitely worth going.

There is a comic store near the area within less than a mile of Oktoberfest.

Also word of advice because this happened to me :( when you go eat steak or seafood, the price is by the gram and sometimes there is a minimum gram they charge so watch out for the sneaky sneaky...lol

There is an industrial museum near the festival as well and if I remember it correctly it's about 15 Euro.

It's actually cheaper to pull money out of ATM then exchanging cash.There is a huge square for shopping and a cathedral too.

It's a very beautiful country and people are really friendly.