• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Philadelphia -- June 2-5, 2016

93 posts in this topic

It's not to early to start planning alternate plans that weekend.

I attended Wizard Philly as a buyer, not a vendor, and I made out pretty good.It's really hard to say that a comic collector could not find pretty much whatever they were looking for at Wizard Philly.

I'll be at the 2016 Wizard Philly, buying books and subbing to CGC......the latter part I totally missed out on this past weekend, I had other things going on and could not prep the books that I wanted to have graded on site.

I was pretty daaaaamn salty about that...I was in a louoooouuusy mood at the show....but that was my fault and even considering all of that, I still thought Wizard Philly was pretty impressive.

In other words, if you've got nothing nice to say....don't say anything at all (tsk)

I attended Wizard Philly as a buyer, not a vendor, and I made out pretty good.It's really hard to say that a comic collector could not find pretty much whatever they were looking for at Wizard Philly.

I'll be at the 2016 Wizard Philly, buying books and subbing to CGC......the latter part I totally missed out on this past weekend, I had other things going on and could not prep the books that I wanted to have graded on site.

I was pretty daaaaamn salty about that...I was in a louoooouuusy mood at the show....but that was my fault and even considering all of that, I still thought Wizard Philly was pretty impressive.

In other words, if you've got nothing nice to say....don't say anything at all (tsk)

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

Lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

I gotcha.

But....

As BlazingBob pointed out in the main Wizard thread, when people see these sorts of comments; the sort of commentary that insinuate Wizard Philly is a waste of time, that has a direct trickle down effect that leads to collectors shying away from attending the show in question.

So I saw that Norman Reedus was attending. And my wife is a huge fan. So thinking ahead this would be a great gift. $80 for a sig. $105 for a photo. $350 for the VIP experience. No thanks. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality but that seems insane to me.

So I saw that Norman Reedus was attending. And my wife is a huge fan. So thinking ahead this would be a great gift. $80 for a sig. $105 for a photo. $350 for the VIP experience. No thanks. Maybe I'm out of touch with reality but that seems insane to me.

You're not seeing the big picture. Forget the price.

What you're not seeing here is the opportunity this presents.

For YOU. Get your wife that gift.

And then-----

Parlay that into something that YOU really REALLY want from your wife. :think:

You're not seeing the big picture. Forget the price.

What you're not seeing here is the opportunity this presents.

For YOU. Get your wife that gift.

And then-----

Parlay that into something that YOU really REALLY want from your wife. :think:

Good point. :D

But honestly my wife would probably slap me if she found out I paid that much just for a sig or picture. And I can go on ebay and get the autograph for a fraction of that price. Which does't even include entrance to the show.

They just added Michael J. Fox and Lea Thompson according to an email I got from Backtothefuture.com That might make my decision to go there instead of Awesome Con.

With these, plus Chris Evans at NO, Wizard seems to be trying to kick their guest lists up a notch for 2016.