• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Zone CGC 9.4 on ebay, Gold Key file copy, no reserve!

11 posts in this topic

Heya folks, just posted this Gold Key file copy on ebay with no reserve....I confess I don't know the Gold Key market very well, so I'm using this book to test the waters for a 9.8 Twilight Zone slab (different issue) that I also just got back from CGC... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oy, guess it's about time to pay that Heritage bill, so Thrill bid away! thumbsup2.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6511288483

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm

well, i don't have a guide here at work, but at $56 I think you did better than Guide Price + Slabbing fee

that issue doesn't crack $20 in the guide, does it?

would you have rather just kept it in your collection?

that's sort of how i feel about some of my GA books i have up in my store right now. i've priced some of them in such a way that I'll need a motivated buyer to go for them, e.g., mid-grade GA books at Guide + Slabbing Cost

hmmm

well, i don't have a guide here at work, but at $56 I think you did better than Guide Price + Slabbing fee

that issue doesn't crack $20 in the guide, does it?

would you have rather just kept it in your collection?

that's sort of how i feel about some of my GA books i have up in my store right now. i've priced some of them in such a way that I'll need a motivated buyer to go for them, e.g., mid-grade GA books at Guide + Slabbing Cost

Don't have the OS handy right now, but I think it's around $25 in guide...

Nah, I have no seller's remorse on the book. I put this one up just to test the waters on some other gold keys I have, and so I consider the waters officially tested. wink.gif I will probably hold off on putting my other GKs on ebay, though, and will likely hold onto them for trade purposes somewhere down the line.

And congrats to bullet for getting a nice buy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

PS With that mid-grade GA, if you want to sell, I don't think you necessarily need to bother with slabbing costs. Better to just guarantee a refund if the buyer wants to slab it and finds previously unknown restoration. Most midgrade GA buyers are just going to crack open the slab anyway.

Hey my man Shrunkenhead - the 666 in your ebay id is it suposed to be satanic, a gimmick, or what?

I'm an academic whose professional focus is the occult. And I teach a course on demonology. devil.gifheadbang.gifdevil.gif

Here's the course description:

This course will focus on one of literature’s greatest rhetoricians, the devil. Specifically, we will concentrate on two demonic types, namely, the Faustian and the Miltonic. During the first half of the semester, we will read selections from Marlowe’s Dr. Faustus and Milton’s Paradise Lost. The second half of the term will deal with twentieth century reinterpretations of Marlowe’s and Milton’s argumentative demons. While students will be expected to learn something about the role of the devil in history and literature, the primary focus of this course will be to examine the devil’s rhetoric. We will investigate the devil’s use (and destruction) of argument, his blending of fact and fiction, and his numerous persuasive techniques. Working with the devil’s tangled rhetoric will force us to read both “with and against the grain.”

Working Guidelines:

We will be reading four texts and working carefully with each. In an effort to build critical thinking skills, you will engage in the textual analysis of a number of complex concepts.

A central aspect of this course is reading and responding to pieces of writing that members of the class produce. You should expect your work to be read regularly by your classmates, and you will be expected to comment extensively to the writing of several of your classmates. You should begin to think about responding to the works of others, about writing for an audience that extends well beyond your teacher, and about what makes a piece of prose acceptable, even good, within an academic setting.

Required texts and materials:

Texts: Paradise Lost (Books I, II, and IX) by John Milton

Dr. Faustus by Christopher Marlowe (make sure you buy the version available in the bookstore)

Mefisto by John Banville

Season of Mists by Neil Gaiman headbang.gif

College Writer’s Handbook (newest edition)

A good college dictionary (I recommend the Chicago edition)

Recommended: The Prince of Darkness by Jeffrey Burton Russell