• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No More Mutants or how Marvel continues to mess with Fox

131 posts in this topic

Quicksilver was arguably the highlight of Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past , he wasn't quite such a big deal in the Avenger's sequel. So what is Marvel to do? Well, as of tomorrow, neither Quicksilver nor his sister, the Scarlet Witch, will be the children of Magneto any longer and in fact, neither will be mutants any longer. With Uncanny Avengers #4, Marvel will re-retcon their retcon and Pietro and Wanda will go back to their original origins of simply being the children of Django and Marya Maximoff. But wait, they won't just be their children, they will be their ordinary HUMAN children, that were given their powers by an experiment conducted by the High Evolutionary.

No more mutants, indeed.

http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/marvel-just-reconfigured-scarlet-witch-and-quicksilvers-parentageagain

Django!

This, in a nutshell, is why I gave up buying mainstream comics some years ago.

I DO understand the need to occasionally update a character for modern sensibilities, after all I've been reading comics for 55 years.

But to change a character in complete essence, or to retcon just for spite?

Nope. There are still many MANY thousands of comics I haven't read yet, and many MANY thousands of comics that I would enjoy reading again.

Plenty to keep me amused in my declining years without suffering through all this horsepuckey.

I quit Marvel along time ago. Occasionally I will stick my foot in the Marvel pool and add a marvel book into my pull list. It seems every time I do the story crosses over into another title.

First I tried the Hulk, then Spiderman, then the GOTG. I'm not into crossovers anymore. This mutant thing is just another chapter in their history. People won't like it but will still continue to feed the machine.

I LOVE what Marvel is doing these days. Saves me money for the older comics that I really want. GO MARVEL, GO!!!! :whee:

The Marvel Comics I loved has been dead for about 20 years anyway

Comics basically support films since the companies don't make much money from print. As such, Fox is the competition... Would any one here support their competitor with your own products? Unfortunately, it's just the way it all panned out...

Personally, I can't believe anyone with an IQ above 30 is still buying this drek.

I have a theory that few people are actually this stupid, and Disney has 50K hired shoppers go out every month to pick up comics and maintain the illusion that they still matter.

Comics basically support films since the companies don't make much money from print.

They make nothing from new comic sales, and the only reason that they are still on the LCS stands is to maintain the illusion that comic books are still a viable market with the "growth demographics" and keep all those investor dollars flowing into Disney.