• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When your wife disagrees with you selling your comics

74 posts in this topic

Surprise, surprise, nerds overwhelmingly support keeping dusty paper over physical and experiential benefits.

Go outside, nerds.

I should also mention I already have a mountain bike.... BUT THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Sell the mountain bike. There isn't a mountain within four hundred miles of Houston.

I should also mention I already have a mountain bike.... BUT THAT'S TOTALLY DIFFERENT!

Sell the mountain bike. There isn't a mountain within four hundred miles of Houston.

lol

But it's a backup to get to one of the top notch Bedrock's!

lol:shy:

I mentioned I was considering selling 3-4 of my biggest books in order to build a custom road bicycle from the frame up.

Her response was something like, "I'd rather you keep the books, at least you could sell them in the future, whereas the moment you ride that bike it will depreciate."

My wife always second-guesses my sales . . . she'll say something like, "Hold on to that one, and sell the ones that aren't going to appreciate." doh!

I believe this is the first thread in which a collector's wife DOESN'T want him to sell…and he's asking us for advice… :applause:

lol yep!

My wife would never tell me not to Sell....

I mentioned I was considering selling 3-4 of my biggest books in order to build a custom road bicycle from the frame up.

Her response was something like, "I'd rather you keep the books, at least you could sell them in the future, whereas the moment you ride that bike it will depreciate."

So... Mint books that will retain their condition and some value, maybe even increase in value.... that sit in a box in the closet that I never take out because I have scans on my PC....

versus

A custom road bike that I will take out and enjoy (entertainment and fitness) a few times a week that will depreciate and be worth little to nothing in 2-3 years.

This is sort of in the vein of wanting to let one hobby fund another rather than using credit or savings, and being too impatient to buy one or two pieces per pay period forever.

What say you boardies?

Any idea how many high end parts you can get with a WD#1 ?!?! A LOT!

Is your wife ever wrong? No she isn't. Keep the comics.