• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you recognize those signatures? Mostly X-Men books.

11 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.

I know this thread is probably in a wrong forum but I do hope that you can identify or recognize the signatures on the comic books that I got from the estimate sale recently.

Some signatures - I can recognize Chris Claremont's and Jim Lee's signatures easily but other signatures are unrecognizable. You help me out. Many thanks.

A.T. signed?

CCI17052015_5_zpszzualmmm.jpg

Similar signature but this is little different than the first image. Maybe two signatures?

CCI17052015_7_zpsyrtq3dpr.jpg

This is obviously Jim Lee's signature, correct?

CCI17052015_11_zpst0uhy3uz.jpg

Other Jim Lee's signature - I assumed.

CCI17052015_9_zpsackwoqia.jpg

I hope I get 3 out of 3. This has to be other Jim Lee's signature.

CCI17052015_13_zpspezmktxk.jpg

It's no brainer. This must be Todd McFarlane.

CCI17052015_zpsmpy10fzh.jpg

This is a decent pic of Thibert's sig circa 2008.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=8868&GSub=629

It would have changed A LOT for that to be him. Also, the second book has Whilce's sig underneath it.

The closest thing I can think of to that spiral sig is Chris Bachalo.

This is a decent pic of Thibert's sig circa 2008.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=8868&GSub=629

It would have changed A LOT for that to be him. Also, the second book has Whilce's sig underneath it.

The closest thing I can think of to that spiral sig is Chris Bachalo.

you are correct I just checked my 282 and art signed it like above with the "mo", I know I have that spiral sig on one of my x-men v2 books. I'll have to look through them.

First two copies were signed by Portacio. The second copy was signed by the same artist. I noticed that he signed his full name. I overlooked many recent copies that he have signed lately. It looks like that he dropped his first name and stays with his last name started with "W" ever since.

I think we made the solution. Thank you Doug with the gratitude.