• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MF 73 hasn't peaked yet by any means....

41 posts in this topic

....in my opinion. I might be biased....but I've been right in the past on this. Why is there still room for a lot of upswing you ask?

I'm not gonna sit here and bring-up stuff we all know and consider. This thread is to consider things we don't all already know or consider when assessing MF 73. It's my favorite comic....so once in a while, if the situation warrants, I might add to this thread. For now, just one thing:

Arrow season 3 just ended. Season 4 will be starting later this year. And an important and epic thing is going to happen (at least we're thinking and hoping). Something we've been waiting for for over 3 years. Oliver Queen will become THE GREEN ARROW!. Not just the Arrow. The Green Arrow! That will be the most epic thing to happen since Day 1.

And not often do epic things happen to any superhero. But this will be epic. Don't be jealous Batman fans, please lol.

Thoughts? Or add your reasons you're bullish or bearish on MF 73. And please, don't be offended if I take-you-to-task if you're bearish lol. All in good fun (no pun intended) of course.

Didn't you also start threads about other books that you owned and were trying to sell?

lol

Now with C'link live, this will be fascinating. All three copies are off to a great start ( but the C'lnk copy is already matching the HA copy, and it just went live last night)!

Of course the C'link copy is higher graded, so that was expected, but I feel with only six days to go, its either going to explode at the floor auction next week, or could the folks who REALLY want this book all be set on possibly obtaining one of the two higher graded copies, resulting in a 'bargain' ( and I use that loosely Big Moov :D ) for the potential HA winner?

Now with C'link live, this will be fascinating. All three copies are off to a great start ( but the C'lnk copy is already matching the HA copy, and it just went live last night)!

Of course the C'link copy is higher graded, so that was expected, but I feel with only six days to go, its either going to explode at the floor auction next week, or could the folks who REALLY want this book all be set on possibly obtaining one of the two higher graded copies, resulting in a 'bargain' ( and I use that loosely Big Moov :D ) for the potential HA winner?

It wouldn't surprise me. Assuming everything is on the up and up, the market for this book at these prices has to be very thin.

There are 2 guys in Toronto who bought a 9.0 from Metro 4 or 5 years ago for $20K. They recently resold it to Metro for $140K. Watch for it to reappear. Or maybe not. Might go right into private hands.

No way that Superman and Batman continue to sell for many multiples of Aquaman and Green Arrow together. The gap will continue to close. As more time goes by, my guess is that the aforementioned will be worth twice as much, yeah. 3X as much? Maybe but probably not. 4X as much. No.

In no other hobby does something remain soooo much more desirable. Like Babe Ruth is not 5X more valuable than the next guy. Probably not even twice. These gaps always close, no matter what the hobby. Because eventually people start appreciating other things.

Also very interesting that the 9.0 sold for $140K. And might be going for even more soon. I didn't know that; thanks for the info comicnoir.

Past prices don't mean anything once a book is considered top tier. Even Action #1 was affordable (within reason) about 10 years ago, and affordable for sure 20 years ago. 10-15 years ago, every single comic except Action 1 and Tech 27 was affordable. Those days are gone. We all wish we could go back.

There are 2 guys in Toronto who bought a 9.0 from Metro 4 or 5 years ago for $20K. They recently resold it to Metro for $140K. Watch for it to reappear. Or maybe not. Might go right into private hands.

I would guess they had a buyer lined up if they were willing to pay that kind of money.

I would guess they had a buyer lined up if they were willing to pay that kind of money.

That, or they are waiting to see the hammer on the 8.0 and maybe trot out the 9.0 in the fall with uber fan fare if the 8.0 is gang busters (shrug)

All key books will continue to have healthy gains but.....

When the 1st Aquaman is selling for more, and sometimes DOUBLE, the 1st Wonder Woman. I think a market correction is bound to happen soon.

This is one of the most volatile swings I've seen in the hobby.

(Feb 15 - AS 8 CGC 5.0 sold for 28K, March 15 MF 73 CGC 5.0 sold for 74K)

This does not make sense to me.

All key books will continue to have healthy gains but.....

When the 1st Aquaman is selling for more, and sometimes DOUBLE, the 1st Wonder Woman. I think a market correction is bound to happen soon.

This is one of the most volatile swings I've seen in the hobby.

(Feb 15 - AS 8 CGC 5.0 sold for 28K, March 15 MF 73 CGC 5.0 sold for 74K)

This does not make sense to me.

off topic but that signature line of your is AWESOME!!! (thumbs u

ok carry on haha....

Disagree. Totally and completely disagree.

Placing Green arrow and Aquaman even in the same sentence as Superman and Batman is a stretch. That's like comparing Babe Ruth to a minor leaguer.

Short-sighted thinking. Captain Marvel used to beat Superman. Things happen. Do you really think in 20 years that the next generation is going to love Superman and Batman 5X more than the next best heroes? Once the DC Top-10 all have movies and everything? There will be plenty of collectors who appreciate Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman. The prices will start to depend a lot on rarity. PS - I assume most agree now that Aquaman is rated as the #6 DC hero, at the lowest. If you don't, tell me why. But the evidence (which I've listed before) is overwhelming.

Bat-man....as to your comment....I think most kids, mostly boys, will end up liking Aquaman and Green Arrow more than Wonder Woman. True collectors will value the Top 8 or so DC characters a lot. Superman and Batman will stay on top. But the rest will be catching up some. Rarity will be a factor.

Big Moov forgive me if this is a rude question but do you by any chance own a MF 73? AS 8? WW 1?

I'm pretty sure he's the proud owner of the Mile High MF 73, which he is looking at selling sometime soon. But he thinks that it should be much more valuable independent of that fact. ;)

Big Moov forgive me if this is a rude question but do you by any chance own a MF 73? AS 8? WW 1?

I'm pretty sure he's the proud owner of the Mile High MF 73, which he is looking at selling sometime soon. But he thinks that it should be much more valuable independent of that fact. ;)

Ahk, well in the spirit of honest debate I really think that should be disclosed more openly. Especially since you have ignored Roy's earlier question about self promotion of books you own. I wouldn't usually be so demanding except in the beginning of your post you state:

And please, don't be offended if I take-you-to-task if you're bearish lol. All in good fun (no pun intended) of course.

So I am taking you to task for being overly bullish.

Discussion on the boards does seem to have an impact on market prices, consequently we should be responsible in our commentary.