• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Divinity - first new title character from Valiant gets its own CGC forum topic

231 posts in this topic

Here’s my #1 third printing… Looks like a NM+ in hand. :cloud9:

Love the use of blue instead of red for the Valiant logo, as it also fits with the color scheme and gives each issue a distinct color palette.

DcGWjuYh.jpg

:cloud9:

Each of the later printings, second through fourth, had to be allocated to shops because the production of Divinity (prestige format) requires additional time.

Valiant puts in the order, guessing how many will sell, and then when too many are ordered through Diamond, they have to allocate.

My guess is that these printings are 1,200 to 2,500 copies... probably on the lower end.

You mean Valiant pre-printed the 2nd - 4th editions, don't you? (thumbs u

My understanding is they are one of the publishers who is printing subsequent printings right alongside the 1st printings.

Here’s my #1 third printing… Looks like a NM+ in hand. :cloud9:

Love the use of blue instead of red for the Valiant logo, as it also fits with the color scheme and gives each issue a distinct color palette.

DcGWjuYh.jpg

:cloud9:

Each of the later printings, second through fourth, had to be allocated to shops because the production of Divinity (prestige format) requires additional time.

Valiant puts in the order, guessing how many will sell, and then when too many are ordered through Diamond, they have to allocate.

My guess is that these printings are 1,200 to 2,500 copies... probably on the lower end.

You mean Valiant pre-printed the 2nd - 4th editions, don't you? (thumbs u

My understanding is they are one of the publishers who is printing subsequent printings right alongside the 1st printings.

They definitely print extra "guts" --- it's much easier to have lots of extra interiors in case you need additional printings, because if you don't, you can still use them for the trade paperbacks. They might plan 2nd prints if they get early indication that a book is likely to sell out... it's not likely they printed 5th early. lol

I have to agree.

Nothing drastic appears to happen between the Valiant team of characters and Divinity, at least up to issue #3; I mean it appears like a series that can be read standalone, as it has always been with Marvel series, not like early Valiant and Defiant where Shooter hurried up "tying together" all the titles, which I did not like.

It was like trying to superimpose a "natural progression" with the added element that you had to read all the Unity books to understand the story. Marvel never did such a thing in its first twenty years of existence. :shrug:

Check the backside cover on these Divinity issues, I saw many of these have a flawless front, and have creases on the back. Stock is nice, but it does hide the backside creases fairly well.

It’s the matte varnish, it’s delicate so probably what you are saying is related to the fact the back covers are black. But this should show the flaws more, not less. hm

Anyway, my #2 has some small flaws but #1 and #3 are really sweet. I love this format. :)

That cover illustration by LaRosa is beautiful – in b&w halftones it’s even more beautiful than in color. :)

These "graphic design" variant covers are curious but I prefer the atmospheric / almost "photographically" illustrated ones.

I sold this for Lewis a few months ago. I wish I had bought it myself.

I figured I'd post the scan here though!

Divinity #1 1:40 Incentive variant cover original art

divinity.jpg

Very Nice! :applause:

Kind of annoyed. I have an arrangement with my LCS where I pick up the Valiant books each month. I just looked and I cannot, for the life of me imagine how I wound up with a Third Printing for number 1.

Off to the WTB forum.

Kind of annoyed. I have an arrangement with my LCS where I pick up the Valiant books each month. I just looked and I cannot, for the life of me imagine how I wound up with a Third Printing for number 1.

Off to the WTB forum.

Hit me up via PM. I've got one I'll sell.

Off to the WTB forum.

Hit me up via PM. I've got one I'll sell.

I believe he says he wants a first printing, as he received the third.

He placed a WTB request in the apposite section, anyway. (thumbs u

@horsehater27: $30 for a 1:40 sounds pretty nice.

I honestly believe the first and third prints are both nice at the same level, as they use red and blue for the Valiant logo and issue number – two colors that match the color scheme of the cover.

The fourth print uses orange and the fifth uses orange, and are less nice, and the second print is a bit cluttered by a text blurb with a journalist's review.

i dont know much about the comic say what i read on here. I found a copy of Divinity #1 the 1:40 variant for $30 @ my Lcs in Austin.

That's a sweet deal, considering.

....considering the latest BIN for sale on eBay is $299.