• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is anyone interested in some bronze and copper age Amazing Spider-Man books?

18 posts in this topic

In going through my collection and cataloging my issues in ComicBase 9.0, I have come to realize that I have two, and sometimes as many as FIVE copies of individual issues of Amazing Spider-Man ranging from the 140s to the 300s.

When grading these issues, I have given them a numerical grade, page quality designation, QP rating, and special notes relating to the grade for anything noteworthy on the book (like a minor stain or interior or back cover tear, for example, if present).

The issues will range anywhere from NM+ to VF/NM in most cases, with a few VFs to VGs here and there. I'd like to cull some of these issues to make space, and I'll be selling them at a significant discount to Overstreet guide in the given condition. Hopefully, those of you who know me know that I am an accurate grader.

Here's the kicker though -- I don't want to post scans of all of the books because there are a LOT of books and it really would not be worth the hassle. Hopefully you know enough about my grading to know that I am accurate per Overstreet standards. What I may do is post representative scans of various books to demonstrate examples of my grading and also of my QP ratings. For QP, a 100 is a book that is perfectly squarely cut, staples and black spine line dead on the apex, no printing streaks or printing creases on the cover. A 99 might have one staple slightly off the apex of the spine (like less than a millimeter). A 94 is your general, excellent QP but not perfect. Maybe 1/32 of an inch of white stripe miswrap on the front of the book or something like that. Like I said, I'll post some examples.

Is anyone interested in getting a list of the books available? If so, let me know and I'll send it out some time this weekend or early next week after I've finished completing it. If you buy from me and then disagree with my grading on a given book, let me know and you can either return it or we can work something else out to adjust the price if you still want to keep the book.

If I get enough responses, I'll put the list together. So let me know if you're interested. Thanks.

FFB flowerred.gif

I'd be intrested in any of the clone run issues.

Send me a list of which numbers you want and your email address and I'll send you the list. I might have some of those as doubles.

Just to clarify, I have doubles of just about everything from approximately #230-299 in a solid run, and many of the 300-360 or so issues. Beyond 360, I have a few doubles here and there but not as many. From 140-230, I have quite a few doubles, but not a solid run of doubles like I do from about 230-299.

Would you mind posting large size scans (front and back cover) of every single book? I'm thinking about buying the least expensive one, and offering you 10% of guide. poke2.gif

Anything for you, my friend.

I'll start with these, as I consider them 9.8s at least and perhaps potential 10.0 candidates -- and I'm only asking $500 each for them! poke2.gif

scan0007.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

Would you mind posting large size scans (front and back cover) of every single book? I'm thinking about buying the least expensive one, and offering you 10% of guide. poke2.gif

Anything for you, my friend.

I'll start with these, as I consider them 9.8s at least and perhaps potential 10.0 candidates -- and I'm only asking $500 each for them! poke2.gif

scan0007.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

Has issue #233 been restored. poke2.gif

Yes. Do you see the three-inch corner crease in the lower right hand corner? It used to be folded up so that you could see the interior pages. I folded it back. According to the "pressing ISN'T restoration" extremists, even folding back a corner crease to its natural position constitutes restoration.

I am an excellent corner-crease-folder-backer with YEARS of experience though, so it's PROFESSIONAL restoration! sumo.gif

By the way, these are my own personal copies that I've owned since I was ten years old, purchased off the spinner rack in a Marvel Multi-Mags three-pack back in 1982. These are not included among the books I am selling and they are not for sale at any price. cloud9.gif

Yes. Do you see the three-inch corner crease in the lower right hand corner? It used to be folded up so that you could see the interior pages. I folded it back. According to the "pressing ISN'T restoration" extremists, even folding back a corner crease to its natural position constitutes restoration.

I am an excellent corner-crease-folder-backer with YEARS of experience though, so it's PROFESSIONAL restoration! sumo.gif

sign-funnypost.gif BRAVO! 27_laughing.gif

I'd be interested in a list with grade/price. flowerred.gif

Sorry, I don't sell to asssholes. poke2.gif

Well, that eliminates 90% of the comic collector market. tongue.gif

Pm me the list... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I second that, if you don't mind?

Thanks,

Bill

Bill and Chris (and anyone else who wants the list),

Please PM me your email addresses. I will probably be doing the list in a Word or Excel document that I'll be emailing around. It'll cut down on the work on my end and will get everyone the list that much quicker. Thanks guys.

I may be interested in any Canadien editions? If you have some, PM me the list/grades/prices.

Nope, not to my knowledge.

For the rest of you guys, I am finished grading up through 288. The list is probably going to have to wait until the end of the week though. This is taking me a lot longer than I expected. Sorry fellas, but I want to make sure that I am being accurate with the grades! frustrated.gif