• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What we can learn from movies-post yours

53 posts in this topic

A steering wheel will defeat any other hand held weapon and can easily be removed from a car with a sharp tug. Do not know why they are not issued to cops.

Bullet wounds to the shoulder merely result in the victim chuckling and having a cigarette.

But not inhaling.

A fall from any height will result in only the most superficial injury and maybe a groan accompanied by a one liner in the manner of 'I'm too old for this' or 'I just thought I'd drop in'.

Unless you're the bad guy, then any fall is a fall to the death.

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're the all singing, all dancing of the world.

Police are useless and don't show up to major events/disasters.

If you are part of an organized and uniformed armed forces, you will never be able to hit the broad side of a barn but you will die by a single shot from a hip shooting moving target who has never had any weapons training.

Don't wear a red shirt. You will be in a body bag before the day is done.

That the ever changing audience is fickle. No loyalty. Gets bored quickly.

In 20 to 25 years will the audience still care about all the importance that was put on these movies?

Go back to the years 1990 to 1995, and that might be our answer?

hm

A bonk to the back of head with a gun will knock out anyone in a second.

(Hitchcock made fun of this in one of his movies. The main character kept hitting the victim over the head with gun, but the person wouldn't stay down)

In the 70s a karate chop to neck would knock someone out. Now its a stun gun that knocks people out.