• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What we can learn from movies-post yours

53 posts in this topic

If you're a boy trapped in a room where a raptor is trying to break through a door that is unlocked due to a software problem and two adults are shouldering the door to keep out the raptor while simultaneously trying to reach for a gun just out of their reach while your slightly older sister is hacking into the Unix system to activate the door locks, it is MUCH more useful to stand there and watch your sister while silently cheering her on than it is to pass the gun to one of the adults.

Good writing ( Avengers 1 ) or bad writing( Iron Man 3): your movie has a chance at doing over 1 billion dollars globally.

I actually enjoyed IM3 more than Avengers 1, but maybe that's because the -script was more tongue in cheek.

No matter how deadly the hero or villain is with their hands, frequently killing or at least knocking unconscious opponents with a single blow, in the final showdown they initially can't seem to do much harm, even if their opponent has previously indicated no special fighting prowess.

vent ducts in buildings are not sparkling clean and well lit like in the movies. In reality they are pitch black and coated with grime.

Examine the next elevator you are in. There is no 'hatch' at the top.

If you're a boy trapped in a room where a raptor is trying to break through a door that is unlocked due to a software problem and two adults are shouldering the door to keep out the raptor while simultaneously trying to reach for a gun just out of their reach while your slightly older sister is hacking into the Unix system to activate the door locks, it is MUCH more useful to stand there and watch your sister while silently cheering her on than it is to pass the gun to one of the adults.

This cracked me up. It's the main thing I hate about the Jurassic Park movies. I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid, and that aspect almost ruined the entire experience for me. When I saw the trailer for the new one I thought, "Great...more stupid kids."

In addition to your point, a 10-year-old with gymnastics training can beat several 7-foot-tall predatory lizards at once any day of the week.

Makes me angry just thinking about it. :sumo:

This cracked me up. It's the main thing I hate about the Jurassic Park movies. I've loved dinosaurs since I was a kid, and that aspect almost ruined the entire experience for me. When I saw the trailer for the new one I thought, "Great...more stupid kids."

In addition to your point, a 10-year-old with gymnastics training can beat several 7-foot-tall predatory lizards at once any day of the week.

Makes me angry just thinking about it. :sumo:

And not to mention (well, until now):

A sick triceratops is lying in the grass and a male scientist tells a female scientist and a boy and a girl and a blood-sucking lawyer to wait there and the male scientist goes to see what's going on and the same don't-pass-the-gun kid impulsively follows the male scientist and the female scientist reaches out to stop him but misses and the boy goes towards the triceratops leaving the female scientist waiting there biting her lip in concern because she was told by the male scientist to wait there, then you should stay there until a park guy says it's safe.

A machine gun cannot outshoot a handgun

A car cannot catch up to someone running from it

Everyone knows kung fu

If someone gets shot you've GOT TO GET THE BULLET OUT!!!!!!!! Even if it's a TERMINATOR

In a car chase the car in back is always faster