• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the name of that 80's TV show!!!

32 posts in this topic

I loved Amazing Stories. Especially the one about the old man and his grandson, and he got on the train at the end. :cloud9: Or the one about the guy who poured this stuff on magazines and the object/person came to life. What a great show.

Great knowledge of the boards and the epic drama that you can't get on TV, is why I stick around. lol

Ok, on the same topic, I barely remember watching an animated show around Christmas time in the early to mid 1970's.

It was about a bird that kept unwrapping something like gold fabric from a statue, like unwrapping a mummy.

At the end, the bird died.

Any idea what show this was?

Ok, on the same topic, I barely remember watching an animated show around Christmas time in the early to mid 1970's.

It was about a bird that kept unwrapping something like gold fabric from a statue, like unwrapping a mummy.

At the end, the bird died.

Any idea what show this was?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happy_Prince_%28film%29

Guys!! There is a Detective 27 in the show. I captured it from the very episode we are talking about. It takes place at the 22:21 mark. Who knew that there was a comic book element to this topic. So awesome!

Also, a guy talks about a "1939 Marvel Mystery #1" which he knew a guy paid $35,000 for one. And there is and Action 1 in it too. Play it from the 22:21 mark from the link on the first page of this thread.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-21%20at%2010.00.19%20AM_zpsw98bqwlf.png

Classic case of subconscience knowing the right place to post this question in!! Big thank you to all boardies....To rediscover a memory of a show from your childhood is probably as satisfying as finding a comic you read as a child. Well done boys...

I am really glad you guys posted this question and answer. This was one of my favorite episodes as a kid and it's nice to be reminded of it so I can rewatch it. (thumbs u

I got another one, appropriate for this board, that I've been wondering about since the early 90's. Probably a shorter TV movie, I never watched it, I just remember the short plot description in the TV guide: A boy cares for his sick mother, who need medicine or an operation that costs money. Somewhere (a store window?) he sees a valuable comic, and if he can get his hands on that comic, he will soon have the money to save his mom. Anyone remember anything like this?

Wasn't there another tv show, kind of like the twilight zone, that had a similar "poor but really rich" plot? The guy lived in a tiny shack that they were going to bulldoze, until someone noticed he had a fortune in collectibles, including comics? Or was that the same show? I can't recall.

Wasn't there another tv show, kind of like the twilight zone, that had a similar "poor but really rich" plot? The guy lived in a tiny shack that they were going to bulldoze, until someone noticed he had a fortune in collectibles, including comics? Or was that the same show? I can't recall.

Same episode. It's on Netflix if you want to watch.

I remember when I saw that episode when it originally aired that I thought he was going to get ripped off because the woman in the gas station takes the valuable stein with her when she leaves to retrieve the cash for it. I didn't think she was going to come back.

A bit off topic perhaps, but I'm certain someone on the boards must know this....

I'm looking for the name of a show I saw as a child, it must have been early 1980's in North America. The episode inparticular I am looking for was about a collector....From what I remember this man was given advice from a genie or some sort of Leprechan that he should hold onto and hoard all his possessions and collectibles. The man did this and lived a poor life. When he was older he had all his possesions with him in an old beat up car and was at a gas station with the last of his money. That's when another customer from the gas station noticed an antique Beer stein in his car and told him it was worth a fortune....as was everything else in his car...so the poor man became a rich man etc.....

These are the vague details I remember and I have been trying to track down the name of the show for years. I stumbled across Jin Henson's Storyteller and I thought that was it as it was that style but I can't find it within that run....

Can any boardies help???

It's funny, but I posted about this very episode a few months ago: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=44&Number=8387450&Searchpage=1&Main=282007&Words=amazing+stories+GeeksAreMyPeeps&topic=0&Search=true#Post8387450

Amazing Stories: Season 1, Episode 16

Gather Ye Acorns (2 Feb. 1986)

Starring Mark Hamill as the old man.

The knowledge on the Boards is incredible. :applause:

(thumbs u +1000!

I just watched the episode and will watch some more later-forgot what a fun series that was!

:applause:

:banana: Chris