• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats the name of that 80's TV show!!!

32 posts in this topic

A bit off topic perhaps, but I'm certain someone on the boards must know this....

I'm looking for the name of a show I saw as a child, it must have been early 1980's in North America. The episode inparticular I am looking for was about a collector....From what I remember this man was given advice from a genie or some sort of Leprechan that he should hold onto and hoard all his possessions and collectibles. The man did this and lived a poor life. When he was older he had all his possesions with him in an old beat up car and was at a gas station with the last of his money. That's when another customer from the gas station noticed an antique Beer stein in his car and told him it was worth a fortune....as was everything else in his car...so the poor man became a rich man etc.....

These are the vague details I remember and I have been trying to track down the name of the show for years. I stumbled across Jin Henson's Storyteller and I thought that was it as it was that style but I can't find it within that run....

Can any boardies help???

Amazing Stories: Season 1, Episode 16

Gather Ye Acorns (2 Feb. 1986)

Starring Mark Hamill as the old man.

+1

I remember this episode. It ends with some lady at a gas station giving him thousands of dollars for a vase(or maybe beer steint) that is piled up with his other possessions in his car when he has exhausted all his funds that he is unable to pay for any gas at a gas station. It shows him at the end all dressed up after he has sold his possessions and is now wealthy.

The knowledge on the Boards is incredible. :applause:

I am very very impressed. Thanks so much guys. I'll be asking for lotto numbers next!

I am very very impressed. Thanks so much guys. I'll be asking for lotto numbers next!

4,8,15,16,23 and 42

I remember that episode. One of the items sold towards the end of the show was a '63 Topps Pete Rose rookie card, which was the hottest card around at that time (before it tanked after Rose got banned from baseball for gambling on the game).

I've got one since the other one was so quick.

I want to rewatch a movie but it may be possibly a show. It had a brother and sister who had these glowing stones that gave them powers. There was some strange (slime) creatures living next door that kept trying to get the stones. I seem to remember the stones being in water and maybe the slime creatures lived in water. I must have seen it when I was really young and loved it but I can't remember the name. I thought the two kids were in the escape from witch mountain movies but that was not it. Any help?

4,8,15,16,23 and 42

If those are your lotto numbers, I wouldn't hop on an Oceanic flight any time soon.

4,8,15,16,23 and 42

:o

hurnums.jpg

I want to rewatch a movie but it may be possibly a show. It had a brother and sister who had these glowing stones that gave them powers. There was some strange (slime) creatures living next door that kept trying to get the stones. I seem to remember the stones being in water and maybe the slime creatures lived in water. I must have seen it when I was really young and loved it but I can't remember the name. I thought the two kids were in the escape from witch mountain movies but that was not it. Any help?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Mountain_(TV_miniseries)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Mountain_(TV_miniseries)

Damn, that's something!

Looks like it was on Nickelodeon in the early 80s, which is why it wasn't familiar at all to me (college at the time).

Guys!! There is a Detective 27 in the show. I captured it from the very episode we are talking about. It takes place at the 22:21 mark. Who knew that there was a comic book element to this topic. So awesome!

Also, a guy talks about a "1939 Marvel Mystery #1" which he knew a guy paid $35,000 for one. And there is and Action 1 in it too. Play it from the 22:21 mark from the link on the first page of this thread.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-21%20at%2010.00.19%20AM_zpsw98bqwlf.png