• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Photojournal question

9 posts in this topic

So I just noticed that in the Gerber books the 1950 version of If the Devil Would Talk is listed as Gerber 7, yet the 1958 version gets a Gerber 8. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Anybody know what's up with this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
It was probably noted before the warehouse find of the 1958 version that bumped up the number of copies of that book! confused-smiley-013.gif I remember reading that the 1958 was hard to find but then someone in the CBG started to advertise that they had multiple copies for sale. A former local collector/dealer took a chance a book a bunch of them and started selling them locally. makepoint.gif

So I just noticed that in the Gerber books the 1950 version of If the Devil Would Talk is listed as Gerber 7, yet the 1958 version gets a Gerber 8. Shouldn't this be the other way around? Anybody know what's up with this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
It was probably noted before the warehouse find of the 1958 version that bumped up the number of copies of that book! confused-smiley-013.gif I remember reading that the 1958 was hard to find but then someone in the CBG started to advertise that they had multiple copies for sale. A former local collector/dealer took a chance a book a bunch of them and started selling them locally. makepoint.gif
screwy.gif

I've often wondered about this book, as I have two copies and my Local Comic Shop has two as well. This made me consider this book to be more common than one would expect.

Good job, Greggles! yay.gif

I've often wondered about this book, as I have two copies and my Local Comic Shop has two as well. This made me consider this book to be more common than one would expect.

Point taken, but your LCS is about 10 thousand times better than any other LCS I've ever seen!

Point taken, but your LCS is about 10 thousand times better than any other LCS I've ever seen!

This is very true!

Jamie Newbold, of Southern California Comics which is my LCS, runs the operation in a very proffesional manner and has accumulated a very impressive nuber of books. They buy on the philosophy that "If you've never seen it before, Grab It!" I have lived in the South Eastern US, Florida & Georgia, then on to Texas and now California. This is my favorite LCS ever! Jamie & Gino (there are two owners) are just plain great to deal with! thumbsup2.gif

BTW- I did finally end up buying the "Remeber Pearl Harbor" Comic, the one with that great Uncle Sam cover! yay.gif

I remember reading that the 1958 was hard to find but then someone in the CBG started to advertise that they had multiple copies for sale. makepoint.gif

This is correct. I really don't know how many copies of the 1958 version are out there but I was told that a stack of circa eighty books were found in the mid eighties. I have read this book and it falls under my collecting parameters (Anti-Communist theme). I would love to know if anyone has more definitive information on the number of copies in existence. confused-smiley-013.gif

BTW- I did finally end up buying the "Remeber Pearl Harbor" Comic, the one with that great Uncle Sam cover!

I've got a fairly beat copy of that somewhere. Has it been rediscovered as a classic rarity, and therefore worth a zillion bucks? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif