• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr. Balls' Diner

76 posts in this topic

Best of luck to Dr. Balls. He should have a contest where a boardie comes up with a menu item name. Comic book related of course.

Cool!

If it's a large burger it could be named the Colosssus.

A spicy burger could be the Human Tourch.

A filet-o-fish could be the Aquaman...

Eh

Write to Bourdain and tell him the place has been around for 100 years and represents the local culture.

Good luck Jason (thumbs u

Where is this diner?

It's in Montana.

Where? My whole family lives in MT...

Great Falls, MT...also known as GFunk, MT...also known as Adequate Falls.

That's where my Dad lives! I'll send him in!

Last summer Doctor Balls sent me a list of cool places to visit while we were in Great Falls!

Picked up a nice copy of GI Joe 21 @ Kelly's Comics, thanks again for your help Doc (thumbs u

I know Balls hasn't been around lately because he's slammed opening up his restaurant, but here's a bit of Jason doing his thing:

When he comes up for air I'm sure he'll share the menus, which feature artwork by Kav!!!

:headbang:

(I know, not technically comic-related, but boardie related, thought everyone would dig it).

This diner just made my bucket list. lol

Way to go, J!

If folks missed it the web site is at: http://www.roadhousegf.com/

A most enjoyable and rich site it is, too! The good Doctor seems to have put a lot of thought into the details. nothing frozen, lots of good stuff like fresh ground Yirgacheffe coffee (I checked Montana Coffee Traders and they are consistently given high marks across the board), local eggs, local breads and homemade sauces (can't get much more local than a homemade sauce!). And what may seem to be a minor thing but is huge to me is the offering of apple juice. I am not a coke/soda fan. Apple juice is my go-to beverage but many places just don't have it. The good doctor does!

I heartily recommend perusing the web site. It is most entertaining! Now i must google "San Francsico to Great Falls"!

:applause:

You guys are great - I have had to shelve my comics hobby for the time being, but I'll be back again. Thanks to MatterEaterLad for the help at the diner and the shout-out here - I don't have any time anymore, but that's ok - it's time invested in something that my wife and I really believe in. It's going to be great, we love food and I am very happy with our product - and like POV said: we've put attention to detail right down to the coffee!

I would definitely love to hear from any boardies when they come around this way - and check us out online at www.roadhousegf.com - and a very big THANK YOU to Kav who gave me some great assistance with many of the illustration work you see on the site, as well as on the marketing, t-shirts, menu, etc.