• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yellow Label/SS error?!?

15 posts in this topic

So back in February at Amazing Arizona, I was fortunate enough to have Akoni get Herb Trimpe to sign my Hulk 180. It's nothing amazing, just a nice 6.0 copy for my PC and I was honored to have it signed by Mr. Trimpe before he left us. Akoni recently got the book back from CGC and mailed it to me.

I was looking at it when it arrived and of course it has the yellow Sig Series label, but I noticed it was completely missing the information stating who it was signed by, where and when.

Anyone else ever seen this before?

I checked with Akoni and here was his take: "I can honestly say that I have never heard of that happening before but yes it is an oversight on there behalf. If you mail it to them, annotate that the book was signed at Amazing Arizona and witnessed by me, they will correct it and credit your account the remaining balance for shipping to them. I would suggest using Priority Flat rate Medium boxes so they know the amount for shipping to credit you."

Probably the best thing to do, right?

That's what I would do. Provide full information including dates and all of Akoni's info as well to CGC.

I've had a situation where I got two sigs, and one of the names was left off the label. I provided a copy of the invoice, and it was taken care of.

I don't have an account, so would I need to get the invoice information from Akoni to send with it?

that would be ideal, if he still has a copy of the original invoice.

Otherwise just send it back with all the relevant facts and info you have, along with contact info for Akoni and yourself. At worst they contact you and/or Akoni for additional info, its highly unlikely they would deny your request outright without doing further research.

I don't have an account, so would I need to get the invoice information from Akoni to send with it?
If the serial number is on the book then you have the invoice number. It is the first 7 numbers out of the 10.

I've had it happen to one of my books (for David Finch though) and they gladly fixed it free of charge. I did send the invoice in with it since the invoice clearly said "Signed by David Finch" and had the date.

It's kind of ridiculous when these mistakes happen given the fact that these books can be in "Quality Control" for days or even weeks at a time before they are shipped.

Lone Star just had a Strange Tales #110 signed by Larry Lieber on "7/12/20".

At least we know Larry will still be around in 5 years.

I had something like that happen to me with DEADPOOL #1 (1st Series).

Both Ed McGuinness and Joe Kelly signed the book but the yellow tab listed that only Ed McGuinness signed the book. To be fair, Joe Kelly will sign a book and it look like extra ink on a cover.

I called CGC, explained my situation, they looked up my invoice number and saw that I Iisted both creators having signed the book. I sent my book USPS, they fixed the error and credited me postage as well.

They're a great group who will always do righ by their customers.