• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what is the MOST you spent on a book?

Whats the MOST you spent on one Comic book?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the MOST you spent on one Comic book?

57 posts in this topic

$700 -- a nice slabbed subby from the 40s

But I've certainly dropped over $1K at a table with dealers, but for lots of comics, not just one.

I recently dropped $800 or thereabouts for the original art from an SA comic. That was a lot for me.

I think the poll may be off because I couldn't see the results until I entered something in. I bet others have done the same. I have personally never payed more than $1000 for a comic.

You should have put all price ranges in there. Maybe just make a new thread called part 2 with a new poll?

What is the MOST you spent on a book?

The most I will probably spend is for a TOS #39. I will probably buy a 5.0 - 6.0 copy at around $2K to round out my early TOS run sometime in the next five years. Hopefully, it won't go up too much.

That being said, the most I HAVE spent was my pending purchase of a 9.0 TOS #52 (1st Black Widow) from Heritage at, gulp, $760! I'm selling some of my common HG BA and modern CGC books to cover it.

On a single book -- $100 (NM+ UXM 137).... In one day, $1200 (tax return + ebay = impulsive spending!! thumbsup2.gif )

you wouldnt believe me if i told you ,so ill refrain from it...

I would believe you. smile.gif

Considering Steve Borock spent over $100K many years ago for More Fun #52 Mile High, and KNEW it had RESTORATION, nobody else buying a book has more balls in my opinion.