• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My DC GA Anthology collection. What else do I need?

33 posts in this topic

Hey boardies. So last year I jumped into GA collecting. I read a lot of advice and tips here. One of the things that stuck with me was to have a plan or a theme. Otherwise GA collecting will make you crazy and broke.

Early this year I picked up All Star Comics #4 which I always thought had a great cover. Then I decided I wanted 1 cover appearance for each character featured on the cover of All Star #4

(I already had something similar in my SA collection for JLA members)

Once I started collecting these covers I noticed I was building a great run of Anthology titles. So that became my theme. No main titles, only anthologies. One title each, multiples if needed for more characters (I'm looking at you More Fun and Adventure) Whatever cool cover caught my eye, or could afford. And always have the option to replace an issue with another one that I found better.

So below is what I have :

IMAG6943.jpg

IMAG6945.jpg

IMAG6946.jpg

IMAG6948.jpg

IMAG6950.jpg

And here is what I believe I still need:

Worlds Fair 1940

Worlds Best #1

Worlds Finest something. Maybe 2 or 3

Leading Comics something, probably #1

Adventure Comics Starman Cover

(I just bought Big All American #1 off the boards)

So what am I missing? Is there an anthology title I am completely missing? A major character? I tried to stick to the big ones and JSA.

The Black Canary Flash comics cover would be great but is so HTF it may take a while to get that one. I know there are early Adventure with Superboy, but I may let first Legion take care of that.

So anyway, any advice would be much appreciated!

Hey boardies. So last year I jumped into GA collecting. I read a lot of advice and tips here. One of the things that stuck with me was to have a plan or a theme. Otherwise GA collecting will make you crazy and broke.

Don't you get it? That's the point of GA collecting! :baiting:

Don't you get it? That's the point of GA collecting! :baiting:

Never a truer word... :cry:

TERRIFIC! :applause::applause::applause:

mm

Agreed. A very nice set of books! :headbang:

I love this approach. It allows for diversity but retains focus. Great books!

Thanks! When I first started with GA, my collection was Batman and Wonder Woman heavy, but I still liked so many different characters. This allows me to just pick 1 great book for each character and they are all equal.

Great idea for a collection. You have some very cool books there. I guess I just can't focus as well as you do. I just buy anything that I like at the time. I am a bit of a completest on pre-code horror and cool short runs. I do admire your focus and dedication!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

I find this focus has helped me a lot as a collector, because I was just buying stuff randomly that looked cool. I was also trying to balance between getting anthology titles and the self titled books. Now I just have razor focus on certain books and honestly it's more freeing only looking for a few instead of a whole.

Looking at gino2paulus2's signature looks like I could use an Adventure Manhunter cover. And it appears there are only 2 to choose from lol

So that's Newsboy and Manhunter added. Anyone else?

Congrats on the new additions. (thumbs u

Looking forward to seeing you in Charlotte!

Back from Heroes Con with 4 great books!

Replacing Green Arrow Octopus cover with his first cover appearance.

Took me to Sunday to pull on it, but got 1st Guardian/Newsboy App when I was looking for issues with them.

Found Johnny Quick while box diving.

And finally Bedrock hooked me up with Starman!

heroes2015.jpg