• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

yeah, he is annoying...almost as bad as Tessa Thompson

I HATE cutesy characters!!!  :pullhair:  

yeah right this chick builds everything in wakanda no senior staff no nuthin.  

And when flash said he's scared of fighting-WHAT.  You can dodge any blow and somehow this has made you SCARED OF FIGHTING your whole life???   WHAT?

I just walked out of Aquaman. It was just ok. 6/10

Amber Heard looked hot!

Beyond that, the plot was a disjointed mess with too many quests and side plots. Loads of CGI.  Jason Mamoa did a solid job and was quite funny.

It kind of reminded me of that 1980's classic "Clash of the Titans" (some sarcasm intended).

I laughed a little when I didn't really care what the names were for some of the minor characters and more so when I realized that it didn't matter.

My 13 year old daughter referred to Willem Dafoe's character as Mr. Man-bun. 

I was also surprised to see Dolph Lundgren in this movie.

(I fully acknowledge that the entire extent of my knowledge about Aquaman comes from watching Super Friends)

2 hours ago, JLA Brad said:

I'm not sure Aquaman is better than WW, but I'm going to see it again tomorrow, so I'll make that judgement then.

I do agree with you that the lighter touch is what these movies need (excepting Batman, as you said).

WW was better but am glad it's doing well at the box office!

11 minutes ago, piper said:

Amber Heard looked hot!

Beyond that, the plot was a disjointed mess with too many quests and side plots. Loads of CGI.  Jason Mamoa did a solid job and was quite funny.

It kind of reminded me of that 1980's classic "Clash of the Titans" (some sarcasm intended).

I laughed a little when I didn't really care what the names were for some of the minor characters and more so when I realized that it didn't matter.

My 13 year old daughter referred to Willem Dafoe's character as Mr. Man-bun. 

I was also surprised to see Dolph Lundgren in this movie.

(I fully acknowledge that the entire extent of my knowledge about Aquaman comes from watching Super Friends)

This is all I took from your post. It is a failure on my part that I'm working on.

Edited by Oddball

33 minutes ago, piper said:

(worship)  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Will be seeing it soon, expecting entertaining dumb fun. I know going in its people living underwater not Schindler's List.  I still do not like Jason Mammary. 

yep he's a Thor ripoff.  Not impressed.

25 minutes ago, paperheart said:

This year, Warner Bros.’ third weekend of Aquaman is the only title grossing north of $20M with an estimated $30.3M, -42% for a running total by Sunday of $259.3M. (Deadline) 

$300MM US guaranteed, eyes on Deadpool 2's $318MM.  #profitsgreaterthanthebarrierreef

Now you're just making mess up.

Not saying it won't happen, but why jump the gun with predictions when it would be sweet enough to wait 24 hours for the real numbers?

Also, Box Office Mojo's got a more conservative estimate of $26M.

Either way, it will win this weekend by a large margin, which is cool.

Maybe now Lionsgate will ask him to return in a Conan sequel. (kidding...)

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Not saying it won't happen, but why jump the gun with predictions when it would be sweet enough to wait 24 hours for the real numbers?

BOM is good for Domestic box office ($26M 3rd weekend estimate). International, it's way behind on the largest market. So bigger overall number coming soon.

TgGuLK6.png

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

well, BOM est was made on Thurs, Deadline's after Friday was in the books and after a $9.3MM Friday, $30MM weekend is in the bag.

42 minutes ago, paperheart said:

well, BOM est was made on Thurs, Deadline's after Friday was in the books and after a $9.3MM Friday, $30MM weekend is in the bag.

I stand corrected.

BOM has now updated their weekend estimate to $30M based on Friday's showing. Now estimates $260M domestic by tomorrow evening.

Apologies to you both.

Wow. this movie just continues to run. I have been hearing from more non-comic collecting friends that they like the film and think both Heard and Mamoa are great in their roles. It is funny to hear even the wives talk about how gorgeous Amber Heard is. lol   And then they mention how impressive Mamoa's body is....... :cry:

Edited by kimik