• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aquaman Movie - July 27, 2018
3 3

1,035 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, kagenish said:

it could also be the only one to get close to $800m international 

Box Office Mojo currently lists China as $261.2M (12/30 update). Local box office tracking sources actually note it as being $278.5M to $285M and easily passing $300M. It's growing that fast.

3GUcxgs.jpg

Worth noting that in less than two weeks of domestic release, Aquaman's stats look near-comparable to Venom's full run:

Aquaman

$222.8M domestic / $623.5M international 

26.3% domestic / 73.7% international split

$846.3M total

Venom

$213.3M domestic / $642.1M international

24.9% domestic / 75.1% international split

$855.5M total

I still think $300M domestic is a stretch for Aquaman, but hopefully its success will convince WB to actually schedule a Flash solo movie.

43 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Worth noting that in less than two weeks of domestic release, Aquaman's stats look near-comparable to Venom's full run:

Aquaman

$846.3M total

Venom

$855.5M total

I still think $300M domestic is a stretch for Aquaman, but hopefully its success will convince WB to actually schedule a Flash solo movie.

I've given up hope on this actually happening, at the earliest right now we wouldnt see a release until 2021 due to Millers current schedule.

53 minutes ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I've given up hope on this actually happening, at the earliest right now we wouldnt see a release until 2021 due to Millers current schedule.

A result of WB's lack of leadership regarding Worlds of DC. They need a man with a plan, instead of this scattered BS. Or at least convey some sense of continuity. "The Batman will be the Worlds of DC Batman but not within the Worlds of DC." Wtf does that even mean?

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Aquaman

$846.3M total

Venom

$855.5M total

Yes but Aquaman needs to make over 500 billion to make a profit!!!!!

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

They need a man with a plan, instead of this scattered BS.  

Sorry the star spangled man with a plan is over at Marvel

QHOgXzJ.jpg

China: $278.7M

US/Canada $229M

Korea: $31.4M

Brazil: $25.8M

Mexico: $24.7M

UK: $20.9M

France: $18.6M

Indonesia: $16.7M

Russia: $16.4M

Australia: $15.6M

Germany: $14.8M

Taiwan: $12.9M

Spain: $9.9M

WORLDWIDE: $866M

On 12/27/2018 at 12:01 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I will be impressed if it gets to $850MM after all is said and done. 

Very impressed, actually.

Are you super duper impressed now that it's surpassed $850M in just two weeks flat?

Then again, it's still trailing Wonder Woman by 2.1%. Sigh...

Aquaman 2-weeks.PNG

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Are you super duper impressed now that it's surpassed $850M in just two weeks flat?

Then again, it's still trailing Wonder Woman by 2.1%. Sigh...

Aquaman 2-weeks.PNG

$866MM and rolling like the tide. BvS WW eclipsed today. $900MM+ now thru Saturday.  move aside DK & possibly DKR (un-adjusted), there'll be new king of the DCEU BO. #searchingDavyJoneslockerfortheprofitlessseer

9 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Aquaman

$846.3M total

Venom

$855.5M total

But, the most important question is what number does it need to hit in order to turn a huge profit like Venom did..........

If they do a Flash solo movie I hope they completely revamp the character.  Current dude is annoying as hell.  

16 minutes ago, kav said:

If they do a Flash solo movie I hope they completely revamp the character.  Current dude is annoying as hell.  

The Ezra Miller Flash from the movie version or the Grant Gustin Flash from the TV show?

Or both of them and we need to come up with a third version if we exclude the GA John Wesley Shipp who would be too old for a new movie version of the Flash?  hm

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

The Ezra Miller Flash from the movie version or the Grant Gustin Flash from the TV show?

Or both of them and we need to come up with a third version if we exclude the GA John Wesley Shipp who would be too old for a new movie version of the Flash?  hm

the movie guy havent seen the show.  I hate his cute funny character like the dude at the party annoying everyone but thinks he's a scream.

1 hour ago, kimik said:

But, the most important question is what number does it need to hit in order to turn a huge profit like Venom did..........

Well, it's obvious to me that you are not paying attention since the answer was posted in a previous thread just up above:  (tsk)

9 hours ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Yes but Aquaman needs to make over 500 billion to make a profit!!!!!

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

$866MM and rolling like the tide. BvS WW eclipsed today. $900MM+ now thru Saturday.  move aside DK & possibly DKR (un-adjusted), there'll be new king of the DCEU BO. #searchingDavyJoneslockerfortheprofitlessseer

I personally think that Aquaman is a better movie than WW so I am glad to see that being reflected at the box office as well.

If this can top $1B then hopefully WB takes notice about the tone they need with their non-Batman films. I think the serious/dark approach with Batman is what people expect and accept. Everything else needs a lighter touch.

2 hours ago, kimik said:

I personally think that Aquaman is a better movie than WW so I am glad to see that being reflected at the box office as well.

If this can top $1B then hopefully WB takes notice about the tone they need with their non-Batman films. I think the serious/dark approach with Batman is what people expect and accept. Everything else needs a lighter touch.

I'm not sure Aquaman is better than WW, but I'm going to see it again tomorrow, so I'll make that judgement then.

I do agree with you that the lighter touch is what these movies need (excepting Batman, as you said).