• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

125,000 Books for Sale - Everything $1.00 each

10 posts in this topic

GuardianComics2.png

5501.jpg

3E7054F8-2C41-454C-979F-B3B0BD0E7F82.jpg

15EBCD9B-2AA6-44BC-8A1F-DC3DD81BDEAA.jpg

9AE3A738-7356-4296-B89F-4A7C848920EC.jpg

Guardian Comics is proud to present the largest comic book offering in all of the Greater Toronto Area. We have just brought in 550 long boxes of books, 125,000 comic books in all. And for the best part, everything is a $1.00 each.

25% of the collection is Silver and Bronze Age books. Amazing Spider-Mans, Batmans, Detective Comics, X-Men, Deadpool, it's all in here. Even New 52 books, it's all in here.

We unveil this collection for public offering starting today June 4th at 8:00 AM. And is on a first come, first serve basis. Our regular hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.

Come one, come all and bring your own long box, or a hundred.

We are located at 910 Brock Rd. in Pickering.

Jim

Guardian Comics

please do a report on how this goes. Also, if you live-tweeted/facebooked/yelped some of the 'nicer' books people were pulling, that will hopefully draw more people in.

please do a report on how this goes. Also, if you live-tweeted/facebooked/yelped some of the 'nicer' books people were pulling, that will hopefully draw more people in.

Well last year when I did it with a 150 boxes it took about 6 months to sell out, so I'm going to count on this being a two year process. :wishluck:

Even though this collection is nicer then my last one. These are all bagged and boarded and like I said about 25% Silver and Bronze. The last collection just had a board in between, and was copper and up

As for "nicer books" that people are pulling, I don't see what they pull as I just let them count it up and pay me for what they took. I know one of my customers yesterday called in sick to work to go through the bins for about 6 hours. He pulled about 360 books, 5 each of every cover of WD #100, 5 each of all the DC Lenticular books, lots of more modern stuff.

As far as I know multiple runs of ASM from like 200 up, Bats from 350 up, Iron Man #50 and up, FF's from #100 up, X-Men from 140 up Marvel Premieres, Marvel Team Up's etc etc are still all intact.

If it's less then VF+ and above I consider it a dollar book, so there is ASM #238's, Punisher Limited Series, Secret Wars books, Deadpool, Harley, ASM McSpideys anything you can think of is in there.

Jim

I was really impressed by the variety of books. Here's a sampling of what I picked up:

Guardian%20Comics%20Haul_zpsdq5czyhs.jpg

There were still multiple copies of Nova #19, Future Imperfect Book 2, and Starlin-signed Thanos #1 remaining after my departure, and I don't think I got through half the boxes.

I might end up going back tomorrow.

Very cool...didn't even realize you were there. :sorry:

Just yesterday a guy pulled out two copies of New Teen Titans #44.

Today someone pulled out runs of Civil War, including variant covers as well as a couple dozen Frank Miller Daredevils.

New 52 stuff seems to be the hottest.

So far the most trips anyone has made is 6 trips and I found out on his last trip he's coming from an hour and a half away. :cloud9:

Jim