• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolverine Priority List

58 posts in this topic

Greetings Boardies,

Last night I was thinking through what a collector's priority list would look like for Wolverine. It went something like:

1.) IH 181

2.) GSXM 1

3.) Wolverine Limited Series 1 (1982)

4.) Wolverine Ongoing 1 (1988)

Does this seem accurate? Am I missing any critical wolverine books?

Other books that came to mind were the MCP 72-84 Weapon X run, not sure which book would be the most significant, and maybe the Wolverine and Kitty Pryde #1.

Thank you for your input!

That depends on if you are a comic fan or a specu-vestor.

If you are a fan:

X-Men 98 - First claws revealed to be part of skeleton.

X-Men 116 - First healing factor

X-Men 126 - First adamantium skeleton

I would say the following:

(1) Hulk 181

(2) Hulk 180

(3) GSXM 1

(4) X-Men 94

(5) Iron Fist 14

(6) Wolverine 1 (1982)

(7) Wolverine 1 (1988)

(8) Hulk 182 (gotta complete the set)

Then there is too much noise - but key books after that: X-Men 141 and 142, Wolverine #10 (1988), Hulk 340, X-Men #4 (1992), etc.

Again, this in terms of importance to Wolverine, not overall key factor (i.e., GSXM is a more improtant book than Hulk 180).

(1) Hulk 181

(2) Hulk 180

(3) GSXM 1

(4) X-Men 94

(5) Iron Fist 14

(6) Wolverine 1 (1982)

(7) Wolverine 1 (1988)

Then there is too much noise - but key books after that: X-Men 141 and 142, Wolverine #10 (1988), Hulk 340, X-Men #4 (1992), etc.

Again, this in terms of importance to Wolverine, not overall key factor (i.e., GSXM is a more improtant book than Hulk 180).

I think I'd probably swap GSXM and 180 on that list

(1) Hulk 181

(2) Hulk 180

(3) GSXM 1

(4) X-Men 94

(5) Iron Fist 14

(6) Wolverine 1 (1982)

(7) Wolverine 1 (1988)

I think I'd probably swap GSXM and 180 on that list

Easy, as it's the second full appearance of Wolverine and his first in the new team.

Hulk v Wolverine 1988(?) reprint - shows quite a bit of the early art and history of...

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/06/30/when-we-first-met-32/

I thought Xmen 162 was pretty important. Solo Wolverine, comes out a month after the LS #1 Panel where he "kills" the zygote in a cloud of mist is pretty sweet page. Decent pinup, not quite Miller, but good.

Partial to X-men 141 myself.

100 has 1st fastball special, that's a fun one.

What If 31 and 27 (1977) pretty key.

Hulk 340 has to be up there.

X-men 109 is great origin fodder. When does he smoke cigars and drink brew for the first time?

Marvel Treasury 20 - 1st solo Wolverine? or at least Logan anyway.

I enjoyed the Terminator Wolverine fight scenes in Xmen vs Teen Titans. Thought Wolverine came across as too-cool-for-school in vs Spiderman and w Kitty Pryde

I think I'd rather do a tally of every comic where he hooks up with a different girl. For a short animal type Canadian with the world's oddest facial hair, he gets it in plenty. Although I guess living for a hundred years will help you up your numbers...

also I like the one where he gets his skeleton ripped out by magneto and the one where he kills daken

also I like the one where he gets his skeleton ripped out by magneto

Sorry, but the minute they did that bone claws retcon was the start of the end for Wolverine. It essentially puked all over decades of Wolvie continuity, leading Marvel to use the tried-and-true "memory implants" scam to explain away any past or future inconsistency. doh!

It's expensive, but the 2010 Wolverine 1 JSC variant is "the" must have Wolvie modern.

Wow, talk about an oxymoron.

There's whole lot of people who would disagree with you on that one. (thumbs u

I doubt many of them would qualify as "people".