• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any chance in hell this legit?

28 posts in this topic

My guess is that they are legit.

Of course I could be wrong.

1) The books they are listing are particularly, overly expensive.

2) Some having higher starting prices that probably won't be met.

3) All the scans are the same (i.e. appear to be scanned from the same scanner).

4) Says references available upon request.

5) And supposedly, they take credit cards (just not PayPal).

Email the person and get somemore info if you are interested in a book.

From what I read, the seller is an associate of Serpi. The seller has sold books before, just recently. Not real sure why there is no feedback though. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you were a well recognized and respected person in the comics biz, or an associate of one, why would you list big $ books as an unknown zero-FB seller? Except for people who know this seller, I don't see anyone (smart) bidding on these books. And the final bid will certainly be depressed. With no FB history, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to sell these kind of books through ComicLink?

Granted, if he truly takes credit cards that certainly lowers the risk. With Paypal he could just cash out/transfer his account before anyone took action.

From what I read, the seller is an associate of Serpi. The seller has sold books before, just recently. Not real sure why there is no feedback though. confused-smiley-013.gif

If you were a well recognized and respected person in the comics biz, or an associate of one, why would you list big $ books as an unknown zero-FB seller? Except for people who know this seller, I don't see anyone (smart) bidding on these books. And the final bid will certainly be depressed. With no FB history, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to sell these kind of books through ComicLink?

Granted, if he truly takes credit cards that certainly lowers the risk. With Paypal he could just cash out/transfer his account before anyone took action.

The seller has updated the auction listing for the WH #13 she posted an email I sent her earlier today, and also her response to me. Should clear up any issues about who the seller is..and wether or not they are legit or not. And since she posted her cell phone #'s on Ebay.. I do not see why I cannot post it here too.

Hi Kenny, I totally understand and am happy to give you my references. I am selling comics for Joe Serpico who happens to be well known in the comic business. If you?re not familiar with his name and reputation, here are his other references. Metropolis in NYC, ask for Vinny in reference to Joe Serpico. Jason Ewert in Florida. Steve Borock who runs CGC in Florida. Mark Wilson who runs PGC in Florida. If you would like to speak with Joe Serpico personally and ask questions about certain comics, you can call him at, (718) 251-2140. That?s his place of business. Ask for Joe Jr. during regular business hours. His cell phone # after business hours. (917) 755-5778. My phone # (718) 356-0589 and my cell # (917) 356-0589. Thanks for inquiring. More comics will be going up shortly. Katherine Sturgis-Serpico

But your question about why they are selling them on Ebay , with a 0 FB seller... well ya got me there.. I have no idea.

Ze-

But your question about why they are selling them on Ebay , with a 0 FB seller... well ya got me there.. I have no idea.

Gotta start somewhere. grin.gif

Maybe these are the least expensive books in his collection.?

Yeah, most people buy a few books just to get some feedback, but does that really help. Not to me.