• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

I just got a box of *CHOKE* almost 90 comics ...

Here are some of my favorites from the stack.

The Brave and the Bold 29, second Justice League of America!!

I wondered whether I'd ever find a copy of this that I was willing to pay for, and here it is. Not bad except for little Bob Ryan's possessiveness. I swear that I looked at this exact copy at a small show in Lexington almost a decade ago and rejected it as a much higher price, but that's almost impossible because this copy came from Minnesota.

That leaves only B&B 28 to complete ALL of the Justice League books up to the 1997 JLA series, and scattered issues after that (since I'm only willing to pay about 25 to 50 cents for moderns). I have my doubts that I'll ever find an affordable copy, but fortunately I have a zillion reprints to keep me happy.

Jack

41711-bb29.jpg

Edited by selegue

OH MY.

OK 10 cent collectors, you check out these Superman prices from the last Heritage auction?

111 Ohio 8.5 ow/w - $1,792

117 ow/w 9.0 - $1,673

128 ow- 9.0 - $2,629

138 ow/w - 9.0 - $2,151

ok...wow! :o

Lovely! Any Heath western covers?

Shep

There should be one or two lying around somewhere. In the meantime, how about a Marvel Kirby and another Severin?

KitColt104.jpg

KidTexas1.jpg

Everyone is so flabbergasted by my Lois Lane that I think I'll post the rest of the batch. More dime books here. It amazes me what nice reader copies you can get for a few bucks.

Superboy 78, January 1960, opens with the "Claire Kent, Alias Super-Sister!" story that's pretty embarrassing even by DC 1960 standards. Interesting palette on the cover.

42278-sb78.jpg

Secret Hearts 13, Dec 1952-Jan 1953. More of that DC graduated lavender in the background. Unusual pairing of Oksner and Hasen on the first story, "Remember the Day!"

I wish that I were a better art spotter so that I could tell you who did the interesting, ornate inks on "Unlucky in Love!"

42279-sh.jpg

Find more 12¢ books in other threads.

Jack

Edited by selegue

Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane 7 Feb 1959. One of my favorite Lana Lang covers.

Sure, it's got problems, but nice and readable for under $20 shipped.

Jack

42261-LL7.jpg

This is a wonderful non-goofy Lois Lane cover. I like how they simulate glass and the nostalgia for the 40s/50s drugstore soda shop.

eek! it's a a a 12 center!

:tonofbricks:

Did I get it right this time? :busy:

GunsmokeWest63.jpg