• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Looks like a dime cover to me.

Kirby sure liked hats! Great body language on all the characters, with the Kid himself the stiffest.

Jack

not a fan of colored word balloons

eek! it's a a a 12 center!

:tonofbricks:

Did I get it right this time? :busy:

GunsmokeWest63.jpg

Lovely! Any Heath western covers?

Shep

Got you covered, partner!

KidColt35.jpg

Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane 7 Feb 1959. One of my favorite Lana Lang covers.

Sure, it's got problems, but nice and readable for under $20 shipped.

Jack

42261-LL7.jpg

This is a wonderful non-goofy Lois Lane cover. I like how they simulate glass and the nostalgia for the 40s/50s drugstore soda shop.

Lois Lane covers aren't goofy...take that back!

ll8.jpg

Lovely! Any Heath western covers?

Shep

Got you covered, partner!

KidColt35.jpg

Georgous books Adam, are they a pedigree? What is the story behind them?

This one is an Ohio copy. I've probably posted a Circle 8 or two as well.

Secret Hearts 13, Dec 1952-Jan 1953. More of that DC graduated lavender in the background. Unusual pairing of Oksner and Hasen on the first story, "Remember the Day!"

I wish that I were a better art spotter so that I could tell you who did the interesting, ornate inks on "Unlucky in Love!"

42279-sh.jpg

Well ... can we see what it looks like? The Unlucky in Love story I mean. Sounds interesting. :popcorn:

Secret Hearts 13, Dec 1952-Jan 1953. ...

I wish that I were a better art spotter so that I could tell you who did the interesting, ornate inks on "Unlucky in Love!"

Well ... can we see what it looks like? The Unlucky in Love story I mean. Sounds interesting. :popcorn:

Here's a typical page. Lots of deep shadows and that lush inking on the hair -- but with her exaggerated part, poor Peggy looks like she's on chemotherapy.

Ol' Chris is definitely a heel.

42291-sh2.jpg

Here's a typical page. Lots of deep shadows and that lush inking on the hair -- but with her exaggerated part, poor Peggy looks like she's on chemotherapy.

42291-sh2.jpg

There are more words on that page than in an entire new comic book!

42291-sh2.jpg

There are more words on that page than in an entire new comic book!

Even "swell".

Jack

(not THAT "swell", you pervs)

hey Adam. Hows your Rawhide Kid 17?

Nonexistent :sorry: