• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,659 posts in this topic

Got this the other day and posted it in General, but not here. I've been looking for an attractive, reasonably priced copy for quite some time, and this one fits the bill. :cloud9:

action252.jpg

Nice eye appeal on that book. I traded a NM- white paged copy of TTA 35 for a copy of that book back in 1995 to Showcase New England. The Action came back from CGC as a 7.0 and I sold it for a big loss a few years ago. Probably the worst comic deal I ever made. Congrats on getting a nice copy!

Ken

been awhile since i posted in this thread. hell, i may have already posted some of these books. oh well, here goes anyway..........as usual, i'm the original purchaser of these. and coming from 1960-1961, they were well-read.........

Adventure Comics, December 1960 - 1st White Kryptonite Story........

adventure.jpg

November 1961, # 290 - Last 10 Cent issue and 9th Legion appearance..........

for some reason, i managed to wind up with 15 consecutive issues from # 279 to # 293, even though i'm positive that an Adventure was is the first group of DC's that i bought back in 1957-58.............(i think most of my early adventure/action.detectives/superboy/lois lane/jimmy olsen/etc., got traded away over the years.

adventure_004.jpg

Tim; these are all from Sid's Luncheonette. the earliest of my DC's came from a small drugstore that i stopped in one day on my way home after school from playing Baseball, around 1958. For some reason i remember there was an Adventure comic in the group as i distinctly remember being introduced to Aquaman and Green Arrow. Pretty sure there was a Detective as well, with Roy Raymond, TV Detective.

all of those 1958 - 1961 Adventures, etc., got traded away for Sports magazines and later Famous Monsters of Filmland. i definitely had adventure #247 and Action # 242, etc....................

for no reason that i can remember , i decided to keep the books with Heroes in their own title. Hence, i have most all of the Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman books from numbers 100 - 150..............unfortunately almost all in Midgrade.......... (shrug)

one of my all time favorite DC covers. The coloring on this cover shows why DC dominated at this point in time. Atlas was entering it's blue & orange phase, with every title looking near identical, and DC was pumping out the most beautifully colored books of any era! And a gorilla too!

2092479054_2611865b9a_o.jpg