• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,638 posts in this topic

In the Decade thread, but it belongs here too.

The Brave and the Bold 35, May 1961, 2nd SA Hawkman by Kubert, 1st Matter Master. Lots of minor defects, but quite a buy for $8.50!

53667-B&B35.jpg

Jack

I'll give you $9 for it!

In the Decade thread, but it belongs here too.

The Brave and the Bold 35, May 1961, 2nd SA Hawkman by Kubert, 1st Matter Master. Lots of minor defects, but quite a buy for $8.50!

53667-B&B35.jpg

Jack

I'll give you $9 for it!

Think I could replace it for $9?

Actually, it's a double and I would be very open to trading it for some other B&Bs in that range: 31, 33, 34, 36, 38, 40, 41. I won't bother to mention 1-28.

Jack

Here is another one from the OO collection I have been buying from.

I was scrolling down the scan and saying "nice...", "nice...", "why hasn't Andy offered this to me", and then came to the bottom and saw the right corner area. :(

And THAT is why I love collecting ultra-HG books, because it's so damn hard!

I don't usually compete for early Batman, but this was a lucky buy.

Detective Comics 286, Dec. 1960, classic Batwoman with Robin corner shock cover.

Looks about fine but has a tiny tear through the bottom edge of the book near Robin's elbow.

Jack

53722-Det286.jpg

Here is another one from the OO collection I have been buying from.

I was scrolling down the scan and saying "nice...", "nice...", "why hasn't Andy offered this to me", and then came to the bottom and saw the right corner area. :(

And THAT is why I love collecting ultra-HG books, because it's so damn hard!

It really is. Still, I have gotten some incredible high grade books from the collection...most of which I have had to resell due to my financial situation. This one is going to a good home in a trade though, for a sweet pre-code horror book I can't wait to get.

It is indeed a pleasure to see DCs, Charltons and Atlas from the "dark age" (the end of the fifties) in such gorgeous shape. This is one of my favorite threads. (thumbs u

This ish is as yellow in person as the scan appears:

Adv288.jpg