• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

This is the one you got from GA Collectibles right? Send him a link with the scan lol

you know, I thought of doing that, but I didn't know how he would take it, I wouldn't want it to come off rude or anything, hm

I'm sure he'll see it sooner or later.

Oh don't worry -- I'll let him know. I told him at the time he sold way too cheap. He's got a good sense of humor. If you ever do want to part with, please know I'd pay top dollar... but I hope it remains part of your collection permanently.

Oh don't worry -- I'll let him know. I told him at the time he sold way too cheap. He's got a good sense of humor. If you ever do want to part with, please know I'd pay top dollar... but I hope it remains part of your collection permanently.

Brian, you are definitely first in line for this copy should I ever want to sell. (thumbs u no problem there.

I told him at the time he sold way too cheap.

he graded it a 5.5 and had it at a little over OS guide I think, but this book is one of those where the OS guide isn't very helpful.

Brian, you are definitely first in line for this copy should I ever want to sell. (thumbs u no problem there.

he graded it a 5.5 and had it at a little over OS guide I think, but this book is one of those where the OS guide isn't very helpful.

$1200 or so in 7.0

$1200 or so in 7.0

First of all, great copy! This is one of my favorite Superman stories, and an underrated key, imo. It starts the Silver Age expansion of the Superman story, with a new arch villian and the bottle city of Kandor. It would not be long before we got Supergirl, Bizzaros, super pets, new types of kryptonite, and on and on.

The census has only two blue slabs better than yours, an 8.0 and and 8.5, and only 6 in Fine or better. I didn't realize copies would be so rare!

I have a low grade copy--maybe a 3.0, as I recall--that I got for $1.50 at a convention back in the 70's. Ah, the good old days!

Second time this month that I've stumbled on a nice Rudolph on ebay for next to nothing. I love these colorful Christmas celebrations :banana:

Rudolph5859.jpg

I'm very happy to have gotten this presentable, low grade copy of BB 29. The JLA's three appearances in Brave and the Bold are special grails in the DC Silver Age universe. Can't wait to read it!

BB29.jpg

Nice ones Andy and JohnT....

Despite all the gripes about ebay, I have still found it the absolute BEST place to score deals on '50s DC war books.... often, nice VG+ to FN can be found in that sweet $20-$30 range. Granted, keys and anything in higher grade get astronomical... but there are deals to be had for sure in the mid-grades.

And there are so many off the radar titles out there to go after... DC printed so much oddball stuff in that peroiod!

Great books all,

Shep