• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,655 posts in this topic

Not sure if I've posted here before, since my 10 centers are few & far between (and yes, I'm too lazy to search). Here's my most recent:

Rick

I just saw what that book went for :o

Sweet, sweet book! :cloud9:

Not sure if I've posted here before, since my 10 centers are few & far between (and yes, I'm too lazy to search). Here's my most recent:

Rick

:pullhair:

Yeah, this was my annual "Gonna get this book" book.

Was willing to go higher.

How crazy am I.

Rick

You should thank me for not bidding higher, then. :baiting:

Rick

Wow! That's a lot better copy than that Mohawk Ped that sold on C-Link a month or so ago.

That's a sharp looking 9.4!l :applause:

Here's a Charlton that's so nice I won't even make fun of it. I didn't even take it out of the Mylar to scan!

Space Adventures, Vol. 3 # 44, Feb-62, featuring the first (and only?) appearance of Mercury Man. Element cover, even featuring the word "element"! Could this be one of the nicest existing copies? Could someone remind me how to look up whether there are any slabbed copies "in the census"?

I've got a lower grade copy (somewhere) to dig out and read.

Jack

59687-spaceadv.jpg

Go to the main CGC site and click on the census tab. Enter the title and issue number in the appropiate boxes on the left. Or click here: http://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Space+Adventures&issue=44&publisher=Charlton+Comics&year=1962&issuedate=2%2F62

Thanks.

Way more high grade Space Adventures 44 than I expected! 13 in 9.2 or better.

Jack

Huzzah

lf-44-1.jpg

Arrrgh! I really wanted that one from the last Heritage, but between it and the Superboy 10, I went after the Superboy. I am glad we didnt bump heads on that. Nice, nice book!

Thanks all. I am glad too Silver. I am still of the mind that for the peoples of the boards who dont have unlimited funding that there should be collusion on which books they are bidding on. Does anyone contact other members to avoid bidding on the same book? I have done it in the past when a slew of war books went up.

Huzzah

lf-44-1.jpg

Wow. What a book.

Someday I'm going to own this issue...I hope.

By the way, there are only 4 books graded higher than yours.

Edited by JohnT

Thanks all. I am glad too Silver. I am still of the mind that for the peoples of the boards who dont have unlimited funding that there should be collusion on which books they are bidding on. Does anyone contact other members to avoid bidding on the same book? I have done it in the past when a slew of war books went up.

I am really glad another board member got it, cause it was my number two want, I just couldnt afford it and the Superboy.

Grats again on a great book!