• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Very incomplete. I feel like I am doing a pretty good job of picking off issues though. It will be a long road to say the least. I just scored a sweet B&B #60 I posted in This week in collection. It is about time.

You and I could easily become eBay enemys! lol

Mohawk Valley copy.

chunk_10.jpg

Those post-Kirby books are a bit underrated.

Yeah, considering this issue still predates the first appearance of the Justice League.

Here's my 10 Centers - Enjoy :)

Batman # 1

batman.jpg

Detective Comics # 225 - 7.0 Cream to Off-White Pages

wpa0e1672a_0f.jpg

Justice League of America # 1 - 7.5 White Pages

wp71cbed2f_0f.jpg

World's Best Comics # 1 - 6.5 Off-White Pages

wpe4334b24_0f.jpg

World's Finest Comics # 71 - 5.5 Off-White Pages

wpa8eb14ca_0f.jpg

A little something different for me. I never thought much about Archies when I started collecting, but I have picked up a couple issues recently including this one. I just really like the cover on this issue.

Ken

archie78.jpg

A little something different for me. I never thought much about Archies when I started collecting, but I have picked up a couple issues recently including this one. I just really like the cover on this issue.

Ken

archie78.jpg

The premise is so strange.

Why is Betty so hard-up? She's always drawn as attractively (at least) as Veronica.

And why is Archie so scared of Betty when she comes on to him? In some stories the gag is that he's an indiscriminate horndog. Is it because Betty's aggressive and women weren't supposed to be aggressive back then?

I know, it's only a funnybook. A nice one at that.

Jack

What's a clutch, Gramps?

Betty's the girl next door. Sure, she's cute, but she's the girl you grew up around, and she's as familiar as the family dog and about as easy to get affection from.

Veronica is the glamour girl. She's the hard to corral debutante daughter of the richest man in town.

Betty is Mary Ann, Veronica is Ginger.

Having said that, I'd take Betty in a heartbeat!

You've probably got it about right.

I might be remembering wrong, but didn't Betty move to Riverdale (if it was called that) in the first Archie story in Pep Comics 22? Not exactly grew up with. (Anyone have a scan of the story? It's probably been reprinted, but I don't have it.)

Veronica didn't arrive until a few issues later, right?

Jack

Betty's the girl next door. Sure, she's cute, but she's the girl you grew up around, and she's as familiar as the family dog and about as easy to get affection from.

Veronica is the glamour girl. She's the hard to corral debutante daughter of the richest man in town.

Betty is Mary Ann, Veronica is Ginger.

Having said that, I'd take Betty in a heartbeat!