• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Nice books Z. That HOS #7 is one of my favorite covers!

Here is a newly aquired grail. I have been looking for this lil' gem for quite some time!.

Kubert + dinos + washtone = classic cover!

Bill

SHOWCASE_25.jpg

Edited by AtlasFan

A bit silly, really, but this is the last pre-SA issue of Adventure Comics:

Doubles of tough DC books! Silly! Anything but! (worship)

:applause: The last few pages of this thread have been simply stunning. The flame-themed covers are wonderful. Here's a bit more eye candy for the DC enthusiasts.

MIS58.jpg

I lust after your MiS #58! It's one of the 11 Adam Strange issues I haven't got yet.

The Origin of Sugar and Spike gets no respect! lol

This is a family friendly web site. (tsk)

At San Diego Comic-Con, I submitted a Detective Comics 190. Came back a CGC 6.5. Hooray!

Steve Roberts

I will add that the issue contains the origin of Batman. There are only four in the census. Not certain when CGC has updated their census report. The highest graded is a 7.0. My copy graded a CGC 6.5. I bought the book in 1994 from Fantasy Illustrated out of Seatlle owned by Dave Smith. Haven't seen or heard about him from years. He had a store in Anaheim area of So CAl, but then moved his base of operations to Seattle, WA. I bought the book at the Shrine Auditorium. It was a grail of mine at the time. When Busted Flash comes over my house this Saturday, he'll scan the book for me. I've forgotton how! StevenRams.

At San Diego Comic-Con, I submitted a Detective Comics 190. Came back a CGC 6.5. Hooray!

Steve Roberts

I will add that the issue contains the origin of Batman. There are only four in the census. Not certain when CGC has updated their census report. The highest graded is a 7.0. My copy graded a CGC 6.5. I bought the book in 1994 from Fantasy Illustrated out of Seatlle owned by Dave Smith. Haven't seen or heard about him from years. He had a store in Anaheim area of So CAl, but then moved his base of operations to Seattle, WA. I bought the book at the Shrine Auditorium. It was a grail of mine at the time. When Busted Flash comes over my house this Saturday, he'll scan the book for me. I've forgotton how! StevenRams.

Shakespeare's Sonnet #16

Let me not to the marraige of true minds admit impediments.

Love is not love which alters when alternation finds, or bends

with the remover to remove: O no! It is an ever-fixed mark that looks on tempests

and is never shaken. It is the star to every wondering bark, whose worth is unknown, although his height be taken.

Love's no Time's Fool, although rosy lips and cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come:

Love's alters not with his brief hours and weeks, but bears it out

even to the edge of doom.

If this be error and upon me proved, I never writ, nor no

man ever loved.

For Edward Kennedy--Shakespeare knew what marriage was about; a rocky road indeed. We'll miss you Ted; I will attend Saturday Services at my local synagoge!

heres a closeup of my Showcase 4. probably somewhere between 7 and 8, maybe ... its a poster child for everything I moan about on the boards since I got here, about how this was such a killer copy for years in my collection, but now that I see 9.2s and 9.4s it pales in comparison. Every time I look at it, I see more and more little things that make me go grrrrr.

1047698-Showcase4fr.jpg

This copy is brilliant and still raw which is refreshing to see. Aman I never imagined that you were a hoarder, you have some nice books.

Been on vacation. Missed a great week in this thread! Love the Adventures, HOMs, and that Kubert washtone, among others!!!