• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,659 posts in this topic

H.G.A.R.O.T.J.O.J has been monitoring the activities of a one Zzutak for several years now and we feel that between his kind words and other "niceties" he has shown a level of "behavior" "deemed" "unacceptable" by both us and the peoples of the Zagat survey. Although many of you have have let it slide for unknown reasons it comes down to how he consistently flaunts his wares and his general "Zu-tackiness" that I regretfully BAN him as well. Tread lightly.

H.G.A.R.O.T.J.O.J has been monitoring the activities of a one Zzutak for several years now and we feel that between his kind words and other "niceties" he has shown a level of "behavior" "deemed" "unacceptable" by both us and the peoples of the Zagat survey. Although many of you have have let it slide for unknown reasons it comes down to how he consistently flaunts his wares and his general "Zu-tackiness" that I regretfully BAN him as well. Tread lightly.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Uncanny.

Such a carefully reasoned post that i granted tat' his wish for the subject line change.

Janky Jack

totu_23.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: (worship)

Beautiful! if you ever decide it doesn't fit your collection :grin: please contact me :devil:

Thanks! Sorry...didnt mean to tempt you there. This is the River City copy. I must admit, that I am quite partial to the RC collection. I have a few Robin Hoods from there and they are simply gorgeous..

totu_23.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: (worship)

Beautiful! if you ever decide it doesn't fit your collection :grin: please contact me :devil:

Thanks! Sorry...didnt mean to tempt you there. This is the River City copy. I must admit, that I am quite partial to the RC collection. I have a few Robin Hoods from there and they are simply gorgeous..

Here is a really nice companion book to the TOTU #23 -- another nice yellow Moreia cover -- with swimmers floating in the air!

MIS_27.jpg

Here are the first two late August purchases to arrive. The Batman #121 is a decent mid grade copy that would grade higher but it had an impact of some kind at the bottom staple that did a bit of damage (staple fully attached, but has a couple of tiny tears and is bent).

Batman121.jpg

GreenLantern6.jpg

Edited by kimik

Very nice Ryan! What do you grade the GL 6 at?

I bought it as an 8.0/8.5 from a reputable dealer/grader, but I would give it a 7.5 personally due to the corner tip chips. That being said, it is comparable to a few 10 cent Flash issues I graded a couple of years back that came in between 8.0 and 9.0 even with corner tip chips. In any case, the price was right so it is not a big worry.

Is anyone going after the CGC 8.5 GL #5 in the Heritage Sunday auction?

Edited by kimik

Here are the first two late August purchases to arrive. The Batman #121 is a decent mid grade copy that would grade higher but it had an impact of some kind at the bottom staple that did a bit of damage (staple fully attached, but has a couple of tiny tears and is bent).

Batman121.jpg

GreenLantern6.jpg

I really liked those old Green Lantern stories. I think the character connects the Lensmen and the Jedi in pop culture. And has some connection with the Texas Rangers. Fun stuff and loved the Gil Kane Alien Lantern characters.

bb

Been kind of dead in Silver lately, unless you're interested in Showcase 22.

Here's one that came yesterday. Plenty of big ears on this one courtesy of Mr. Boring. Must be how the Super Family knows he's "one of them."

Superman104.jpg

heres a closeup of my Showcase 4. probably somewhere between 7 and 8, maybe ... its a poster child for everything I moan about on the boards since I got here, about how this was such a killer copy for years in my collection, but now that I see 9.2s and 9.4s it pales in comparison. Every time I look at it, I see more and more little things that make me go grrrrr.

1047698-Showcase4fr.jpg

That book is a stunner.

You're right - it's a complete eyesore.

Been kind of dead in Silver lately, unless you're interested in Showcase 22.

Here's one that came yesterday. Plenty of big ears on this one courtesy of Mr. Boring. Must be how the Super Family knows he's "one of them."

Superman104.jpg

Beautiful colors on this one.

Ken