• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,685 posts in this topic

I remember seeing those and that it was pretty cool. I only own two Atlas humor comics myslef. and a complete run it is:

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

I love these Silver-Age Good Girl covers...Although tame compared to some of the pre-code covers, I wonder how some of those SHOWGIRL covers made it past the CCA of the early 60's...

I remember seeing those and that it was pretty cool. I only own two Atlas humor comics myslef. and a complete run it is:

sg1.jpg

sg2.jpg

I love these Silver-Age Good Girl covers...Although tame compared to some of the pre-code covers, I wonder how some of those SHOWGIRL covers made it past the CCA of the early 60's...

It helped to have them knitting.

A recent acquisition. Really nice art in this one by Roussos, Meskin, Purcell, and a surprisingly nice story by Tuska.

TOU34.jpg

Edited by JohnT

A recent acquisition. Really nice art in this one by Roussos, Meskin, Purcell, and a surprisingly nice story by Tuska.

Given that it's Tuska I would expect it to be nice but I had no idea he did work for DC. Cool!

Given that it's Tuska I would expect it to be nice but I had no idea he did work for DC. Cool!

Well, Tuska in the later Silver Age and Bronze Age wasn't particularly good, but this story was very, very nice. I wasn't familiar with his early work...I really don't know his history.

One of the pleasures of the 10 DC sci-fi books is finding gems by odd artists. You never know when you're going to discover a story by Kirby, Toth, Maneely, Baily, Sinnott, Cameron, and who knows who else.

This thread is a little dead. I posted this one in the greytone thread but I'm not sure anyone follows that anymore.

Since this came in the mail I've repeatedly soaked in the details of the artwork. There's so much to like on this cover!

BB22.jpg