• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Yes, this is cheating. But they post derogatory comments about the lameness of DC horror when I post them in the pre-code horror thread. They are very naughty. 893naughty-thumb.gif

769493-Phantom4.jpg

893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gifhail.gif

Yes, this is cheating.

893whatthe.gif893naughty-thumb.gif That's it Adam, off these boards you go, and don't darken our doorway again! If you can't play by the rules, then don't play at all, I say.

Or, in lieu of banishment, as a penalty you must post 5 previously unposted books, but all of them must make at least 5 different forum members go 893whatthe.gif and hail.gif.

Adam,

You have any precode Superboy, Superman or Adventure Comics?

Yes

I'm debating starting a thread in GA for post-gold, pre-silver kinda stuff. As soon as I figure out what to call it.

Adam,

Yes

I'm debating starting a thread in GA for post-gold, pre-silver kinda stuff. As soon as I figure out what to call it.

How about "Post your Post-Gold, Pre-Silver stuff here?" gossip.gifinsane.gif

Adam,

Yes

Some of us old-timers call that Atomic Age!

Adam,

Yes

Some of us old-timers call that Atomic Age!

Hey, Tim, we got pinned by the Web gods!

Re: Atomic Age deserves it's own forum. If I start a thread with that people usually think of horror sci/fi good girl and the more outrageous stuff rather than some of the 50s hero and tamer material.

acclaim.gifyay.gifapple.gifgreenapple.gif

pineapple.gif

Re: Atomic Age deserves it's own forum. If I start a thread with that people usually think of horror sci/fi good girl and the more outrageous stuff rather than some of the 50s hero and tamer material.

Nah, I think people would understand it basically covers all sorts of stuff from the late 40s (1948? 1949?) up to the month before Showcase 4. Don't know if AA has enough of a following at this point to deserve its own forum, but the only way to find out is by starting a thread. Start it in the GA forum, and if it generates a lot of interest, perhaps the Web gods can be persuaded to create a AA forum and move threads in there. Of course, AA is not an officially recognized era by Overstreet, so perhaps it might never get its own forum.

pineapple.gif

Nah, I think people would understand it basically covers all sorts of stuff from the late 40s (1948? 1949?) up to the month before Showcase 4. Don't know if AA has enough of a following at this point to deserve its own forum, but the only way to find out is by starting a thread. Start it in the GA forum, and if it generates a lot of interest, perhaps the Web gods can be persuaded to create a AA forum and move threads in there. Of course, AA is not an officially recognized era by Overstreet, so perhaps it might never get its own forum.

I do think a little celebration is in order as this is the first thread pinned in SA, but, I have to ask, what's up with all the dancing fruit?

The GA forum already has pre-code horror, crime, and good girl threads (I've contributed to all 3), and I don't want to dilute them by doing an Atomic Age thread. There aren't enough of us "Atoms" around. Maybe I could do an Atomic Age Heroes thread? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edited by adamstrange

pineapple.gif

Let's just do it! (gives me an excuse to give AdamStrange a run for his money! devil.gif

The Guanlet has been thrown! Do you accept the challenge? sumo.gif

hi.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

pineapple.gif

Let's just do it! (gives me an excuse to give AdamStrange a run for his money! devil.gif

Alright, I'm convinced. Do you want Atomic Age Heroes or generic Atomic Age?

I do think a little celebration is in order as this is the first thread pinned in SA, but, I have to ask, what's up with all the dancing fruit?

The GA forum already has pre-code horror, crime, and good girl threads (I've contributed to all 3), and I don't want to dilute them by doing an Atomic Age thread. There aren't enough of us "Atoms" around. Maybe I could do an Atomic Age Heroes thread? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just expressing my happiness. I'm a little bored of the dancing banana, so decided to add some other fruit to the mix.

An Atomic Age Heroes thread would be outstanding. thumbsup2.gif But I would have nothing to contribute. sorry.gif

pineapple.gif

How about anything that fits the atomic age? juggle.gif

That would be "generic" Atomic Age! makepoint.gif

I think Adam makes a good point, there are already some threads featuring subsets of the Atomic Age. To avoid overlapping, I think it should just be limited to superhero titles.

I think Adam makes a good point, there are already some threads featuring subsets of the Atomic Age. To avoid overlapping, I think it should just be limited to superhero titles.

I'll add it in the next few minutes and toss in some "cheaters" from this thread. But given my reputation for dishonesty, I don't think we'd police it so heavily that we couldn't slip in something cool every once in a while.

Then you'll limit the subject matter,.....mis out on the non-superhero stuff,... confused-smiley-013.gif

Then you'll limit the subject matter,.....mis out on the non-superhero stuff,... confused-smiley-013.gif

Well, there are already horror, good girl and war threads, and the Ducks thread cuts across all eras. So besides superheroes, what else is there? Romance? Classics Illustrated? Westerns?

Well, there are already horror, good girl and war threads, and the Ducks thread cuts across all eras. So besides superheroes, what else is there? Romance? Classics Illustrated? Westerns?

I love the "what else's" so I've come up with a title that hopefully will work. At least I'll contribute to it.

Edited by adamstrange