• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

27_laughing.gifI was thinking the same thing. These guys should be bursting into flames and their heads should be blowing up.

Ahhh, but did you notice they are blue?

They know how to keep cool under pressure!

Okay, brought in a few books to the office to scan, and will post them over the next few days. The sad thing was realizing that I just don't own that many 10 cent books. I need to do something about that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As mentioned in one of my other posts, I'm getting some glare from this scanner wherever there is "rippling" of the inner well. I tried moving the book around and holding it in different positions, but just couldn't eliminate it. Any suggestions on how to combat this (besides "buy a new scanner") would be appreciated.

flash116.jpg

You could always liberate the comic from its slab 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so there wouldn't be any glare poke2.gif

Works for me. devil.gif

Okay, brought in a few books to the office to scan, and will post them over the next few days. The sad thing was realizing that I just don't own that many 10 cent books. I need to do something about that... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As mentioned in one of my other posts, I'm getting some glare from this scanner wherever there is "rippling" of the inner well. I tried moving the book around and holding it in different positions, but just couldn't eliminate it. Any suggestions on how to combat this (besides "buy a new scanner") would be appreciated.

Great book, Tim. cloud9.gif On the glare issue, I've seen people ask about this quite a few times. No one has ever come up with any solution other than "buy a scanner that scans slabs well." My HP 7110 works great, and everyone else I know who has an HP also gets good results. Cannons are supposed to be garbage with CGC books.

Cannons are supposed to be garbage with CGC books.

893whatthe.gif Yes, I imagine they would have a rather explosive impact. Perhaps you're taking your interest in war comics a little too far? 27_laughing.gif

My old Epson worked fine with slabs. The scanner I'm using at the office is a Kodak. As you'll see from some of the Turoks that I post later, the scans come out fine when the inner well is smooth, but any ripple at all creates significant glare.

Cannons are supposed to be garbage with CGC books.

893whatthe.gif Yes, I imagine they would have a rather explosive impact. Perhaps you're taking your interest in war comics a little too far? 27_laughing.gif

My old Epson worked fine with slabs. The scanner I'm using at the office is a Kodak. As you'll see from some of the Turoks that I post later, the scans come out fine when the inner well is smooth, but any ripple at all creates significant glare.

I meant Canon, smartass. poke2.gif

Also, I have no interest in war comics -- apart from flipping your Sgt. Furys for a substantial profit, that is. yay.gif

Also, I have no interest in war comics -- apart from flipping your Sgt. Furys for a substantial profit, that is. yay.gif

Sorry, when I replied, I thought you were Adam. foreheadslap.gif

So, I'm fair game?

Bring it on! sumo.gif

So, I'm fair game?

Bring it on! sumo.gif

Be careful what you ask for, you may get it! devil.gif

I would've made the "cannon" comment regardless of who made the initial post. My comment about interest in war comics was only made because I thought it was you. If I had realized it was FFB making the comment, I would've had to tie "cannons" into some new laser cannon being concocted by Mr. Fantastic or similarly Marvel-centric statement so he would get it. poke2.gif

When I look at my books and compare them to what Adam posts, I wish I were Adam. 27_laughing.gif

that's a beauty!!!!!!! thumbsup2.gif

i probably bought a couple of these back in the day, but they didn't stay in my collection......... frown.gif

Thanks Harry. Too bad you didn't buy and keep back in the day, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands today!

Today's contribution (#@% glare! Christo_pull_hair.gif):

flash117.jpg