• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

harry,

are you going to keep us in suspense or will we see a list before the books start showing up at pedigree?

i'll have a full disclosure here as soon as the last batch gets graded, which should be in about 10 days........................ 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hey, Burntboy. Can't wait to see that list!! In the meantime, he's another 10 center that you don't see that often. Not super high grade, but not too bad. This is the first appearance of the Atomic Knights...

828819-SA117.jpg

828819-SA117.jpg.5db46471f34bef605b8df8224e0ca540.jpg

Hey, Burntboy. Can't wait to see that list!! In the meantime, he's another 10 center that you don't see that often. Not super high grade, but not too bad. This is the first appearance of the Atomic Knights...

828819-SA117.jpg

nice looking copy of one of the few issues from that time period that i never owned.

always thought the Atomic Knights were cool............. headbang.gif

complete list of 100 HG SA DC's will be in the Marketplace thread tomorrow..... thumbsup2.gif

Nope - no prices yet - that's gonna take some research.

as with the Green Lanterns i sold 6 months ago, it takes a while to figure out what these books are likely to be worth. there is SO little data to use as a guide, as these books don't sell too often.

one thing i can share with you is that in addition to GPA data, i will be using whatever "asking prices" the major dealers have been posting for slabbed DC books in the same condition and time range - and then beating those prices by a decent margin. seems to me that much of that retail pricing just hasn't been moving a lot of books off the shelves and i intend to sell these babies........

i figure the Keys and highest graded books will go fast and the rest may linger for a while, but i do have the luxury of time...............

i asked Brad (redhook) to see what he could come up with as a logo for a simple COA as a couple of folks have suggested and i'm going back to Sid's tomorrow to take pictures of the old building. i lived less than a block away for 10 years. i moved in on the weekend of my 9th birthday and basically moved out when i got drafted a month after i turned 19................ frown.gif

as with the Green Lanterns i sold 6 months ago, it takes a while to figure out what these books are likely to be worth. there is SO little data to use as a guide, as these books don't sell too often.

one thing i can share with you is that in addition to GPA data, i will be using whatever "asking prices" the major dealers have been posting for slabbed DC books in the same condition and time range - and then beating those prices by a decent margin. seems to me that much of that retail pricing just hasn't been moving a lot of books off the shelves and i intend to sell these babies........

Sounds awesome, Harry. Let me know if you need input on any of the prices, since a lot of sales for these types of books take place offline and won't show up in GPA. I promise to be objective (well, at least for books below 9.4 devil.gif).

Sounds awesome, Harry. Let me know if you need input on any of the prices, since a lot of sales for these types of books take place offline and won't show up in GPA. I promise to be objective (well, at least for books below 9.4 devil.gif).

thanks Tim, i will probably pick your brain on some of the books............. thumbsup2.gif

Here's a recent pickup of mine.... A very tough book to find in high grade and with bright colors. First Legion "tryout" issue according to some. Thanks Vincent Z. for the good deal on this beauty!

adv237.jpg

i asked Brad (redhook) to see what he could come up with as a logo for a simple COA as a couple of folks have suggested and i'm going back to Sid's tomorrow to take pictures of the old building. i lived less than a block away for 10 years. i moved in on the weekend of my 9th birthday and basically moved out when i got drafted a month after i turned 19................ frown.gif

try not to just do a straight on boring shot of the front of the store to be put in a box on the certificate. Shoot it to integrade with the type. And try to captur ethat long ago Opie of Mayberry, small town luncheonette that is no more" feeling. Evoke the nostalgia for a time gone by!!!

Maybe show the store at the bottom with clouds in the sky and create a border all around to frame the copy above it.

Maybe at the top:

From the BURNTBOY

S I D'S L U N C H E O N E T T E (in a banner)

Collection

Exactly.

Silver Surfer...dude... so you're saying you're more sophisticated than the target audience for these late-1950's comics? We Get That. Congratulations. thumbsup2.gif

Exactly.

Silver Surfer...dude... so you're saying you're more sophisticated than the target audience for these late-1950's comics? We Get That. Congratulations. thumbsup2.gif

Ligthen up there Zonker, just a general comment about the book not your taste in books. thumbsup2.gif

Exactly.

Ligthen up there Zonker, just a general comment about the book not your taste in books. thumbsup2.gif

ya gotta watch what ya say dude - us DC fans can be quite sensitive.......... grin.gif

Hey, I'm all for lightening up. smile.gif

It's just a buzz-kill sometimes to have these 10-centers looked at critically from middle-aged 21st-century eyes. I don't really come here for that, I get plenty of that kind of critical thinking in real life. Besides, most comics would be such easy targets if that's what we're all about.

Instead, I'd rather appreciate them for what they tried to be, looking from the point of view of the 8 to 11 year olds many of us were when comics first became cool for us. thumbsup2.gif

Just a thought. confused-smiley-013.gif

Exactly.

ya gotta watch what ya say dude - us DC fans can be quite sensitive.......... grin.gif

Yeah like a bunch of 8-year olds. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Hey, I'm all for lightening up. smile.gif

It's just a buzz-kill sometimes to have these 10-centers looked at critically from middle-aged 21st-century eyes. I don't really come here for that, I get plenty of that kind of critical thinking in real life. Besides, most comics would be such easy targets if that's what we're all about.

Instead, I'd rather appreciate them for what they tried to be, looking from the point of view of the 8 to 11 year olds many of us were when comics first became cool for us. thumbsup2.gif

Just a thought. confused-smiley-013.gif

i hear what you're saying.......... thumbsup2.gif

heck, i bought these things every month and loved' em, until Marvel showed me how really enthralling comics could be.

but as much as i read, collected and loved them, i still have to laugh at some of the truly goofy stuff that they put out. those old Jimmy Olson and Lois Lane covers/stories are the best examples of goofiness raised to the roof...... grin.gif