• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

This cover image was swiped from an earlier DC comic. If someone were to know which one, I'd be very impressed.

798416-Tomahawk66.jpg

803051-Western19.jpg

803051-Western19.jpg.379084d466f2328bcd619dfd424c4889.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Darn it, that would've been my first guess! yeahok.gif

You snooze, you lose!

That's Western 19. The price and issue number both were overlayed by the dark forest green of the tree.

813569-TalesUnexp47.jpg

813569-TalesUnexp47.jpg.457ad21784da6205f8e0a49999389d91.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Very cool covers on those Charltons, LC -- not ones I've ever noticed before. thumbsup2.gif

It's been a while since I was able to contribute anything to this thread. Purchased this a few weeks ago from John Hauser, it's one of the nicest 9.4s I've ever seen. Love these painted covers!

tarzan114.jpg

Adam , What a great looking Space Ranger cover!! Very underated character & stories IMO!!! Do you have TOTU # 43 gray tone cover ?? I have one. cloud9.gif One of my Fave gray tone covers next to Green Lantern # 8 !!!

It's been a while since I was able to contribute anything to this thread. Purchased this a few weeks ago from John Hauser, it's one of the nicest 9.4s I've ever seen. Love these painted covers!

tarzan114.jpg

Very nice pickup, Tim. The original cover painting still exists and was sold not too many years back, but memory fails as to where/when. It might have been through heritage or Manning.

Adam , What a great looking Space Ranger cover!! Very underated character & stories IMO!!! Do you have TOTU # 43 gray tone cover ?? I have one. cloud9.gif One of my Fave gray tone covers next to Green Lantern # 8 !!!

It shouldn't be too much surprise that my favorite DC spaceman is Adam Strange, but I still like some of their others like Captain Atom and Space Ranger. Unfortunately I don't have TOTU 43, though I did post a photo-copy in this thread of one that I used to own. Feel free to post yours when you get a chance.

893applaud-thumb.gifI love Dells & Gold Key covers!!! Congrats!!!! That is one sweet looking book!!

Thanks! Hauser had some amazing Tarzans for sale at very decent prices. I actually passed on the majority because they had photo covers, which don`t do much for me. Check out the "Shadow of the Atomic Age" thread in the GA forum, I`ve already posted one Tarzan there and will post another shortly.

Very nice pickup, Tim. The original cover painting still exists and was sold not too many years back, but memory fails as to where/when. It might have been through heritage or Manning.

Thanks for the info, Adam. I really like Mo Gollub`s covers. I think he did at least one of the Tarzan Yearbook covers too?

very lovely............ thumbsup2.gif

Thanks Harry, where you been? I just posted in the General asking that question.

was in Mexico for a week and then supposed to be in Puerto Rico but Ellen came down with a Kidney infection and that scuttled those plans.

things should be back to normal tomorrow and i'll throw up a few oldies on here....

got my books back from Sarasota that i had at the National in NYC. grades were pretty disappointing overall although i did get a couple of 9.6 as some of the boys had opined. unfortunately they weren't on any big books (JLA #28 and B&B #49).

biggest disappointment were my Mystery in Space books - not a 9.0 in the bunch!! frown.gif

Sorry to hear about Ellen, hope she's doing better.

Congrats on the 9.6s, they can often make up for disappointing grades elsewhere. Of all the JLAs, though, it would have to be a #28! frustrated.gif I just bought a copy on Heritage!