• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,638 posts in this topic

I thought so too, it was an impulse purchase, spotted on ebay with about 4 hours to go...who searches for "G.I. Combat" once a week, anyway? smile.gif

Does anyone know anything about the cover artist, Mr Grandenetti? Not a name I'm familiar with...

It's good to see people posting in here again. This is one of my favorite threads. The Superman and GI Combat are awesome. I've never seen the GIC before.

By the way, where's Adam Strange been lately? He sure is missed here.

Joe

It's good to see people posting in here again. This is one of my favorite threads. The Superman and GI Combat are awesome. I've never seen the GIC before.

By the way, where's Adam Strange been lately? He sure is missed here.

Joe

Yeah, unfortunately I've had nothing new to share. Hopefully in a few months...

Dunno where Adam's been. Perhaps between work and disgust with the incessant squabbling on the boards, he's decided to keep a lower profile. Or maybe he's run out of cool books to share with us. poke2.gif

I thought so too, it was an impulse purchase, spotted on ebay with about 4 hours to go...who searches for "G.I. Combat" once a week, anyway? smile.gif

Does anyone know anything about the cover artist, Mr Grandenetti? Not a name I'm familiar with...

More info about Jerry at his web page: http://www.jergrand.com/

Last I knew he's still with us and in his 80s. He did some excellent work on Eisner's post-war Spirit. In the 50s and early 60s he primarily did DC war comics including most of the war greytones like the one you have.

2nd story is by Andru/Esposito

3rd story is by Mort Drucker