• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

I've always wanted to post in this thread, there are so many nice 10 centers in here, I'm usually over in the Golden Age section, but I wanted to post this book I just picked up, not high grade, just a straight VG, but the reason I got it was it's the book featured in the "The Iron Giant" movie, I thought it would be cool to actually have a copy, so here it is.

ActionComics188.jpg

A tough issue to get in presentable shape:

Ditto on both counts. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I've always wanted to post in this thread, there are so many nice 10 centers in here, I'm usually over in the Golden Age section, but I wanted to post this book I just picked up, not high grade, just a straight VG, but the reason I got it was it's the book featured in the "The Iron Giant" movie, I thought it would be cool to actually have a copy, so here it is.

ActionComics188.jpg

Congratulations on your first 10 cent post!

That is a classic Win Mortimer 1950s cover. cloud9.gif

It's probably more of SA book and your timing is serendipitous with the arrival of scans from a friend who I've been bugging for months to scan his set. These were from Sol Harrison's file copies -- he is did most of the work on the puzzles and is thought to have provided the artwork for the covers and most of the interiors.

I repeat -- these are not my copies.

ItsGametime1.jpg

ItsGametime2.jpg

ItsGametime3.jpg

Here are two books I picked up in San Diego:

218611975_7c6269d0cf_o.jpg

Everyone should have a copy!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Great cover! - one could put together a pretty cool collection just with DC sci-fi earth being abused by spaceship covers.

Definitely. Square earth. Earth in a safe. Earth sawed in half. So many to choose from. cloud9.gif

Thanks for posting, Silver! thumbsup2.gif

Just can't remeber if I posted this one already, and don't want to look back through 16 pages of this thread....besides, who tires of looking at old DC SCI-FI covers? cloud9.gif

mis47.jpg

I love that cover! thumbsup2.gif