• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

These books are super without necessarily being Super. crazy.gif

DC will soon be soliciting for a Showcase volume of The War that Time Forgot. Can someone knowledgeable tell me if the stories are readable 40 years later? Zonker? Anyone?

PM Bigfiver69. I'll bet he could give you some insight.

I think I've already posted all mine. frown.gif

buy more cloud9.gif

I guess I could post this one. Didn't really feel entitled to post it since I've never actually even held it in my hands.

823022014o.jpg

This is such a beautiful book and what an incredible price it finally went for on the Heritage auction. What impressive buying power. And the price on the Action #285, too. Gasp! That book is nothing like as tough as the Flash, with high grade copies reasonably available so what a price shock.

Well done if you did buy the Flash, tth2, though I know you sold your Flash books recently so maybe it's someone else. I suspect my days of buying high grade SA DC are quickly coming to an end!

This is such a beautiful book and what an incredible price it finally went for on the Heritage auction. What impressive buying power. And the price on the Action #285, too. Gasp! That book is nothing like as tough as the Flash, with high grade copies reasonably available so what a price shock.

Well done if you did buy the Flash, tth2, though I know you sold your Flash books recently so maybe it's someone else. I suspect my days of buying high grade SA DC are quickly coming to an end!

No, I wasn't the buyer, I was the seller. I made a deal for it with its owner, and then it went straight from the owner to CGC and then onto Heritage, which is why I'd never even held it in my hands. My days of buying high grade SA DC have already come to an end. Just can't hack the prices anymore. frown.gif

Whatever happened to the theorey that 60's DC in high grade were more common than Marvels. Clearly this is not the case. The theorey comes from my memory of a 1980's Overstreet article. Back in the 60's it was the cool marvels that were read and thrashed where the DC's were never touched.

I suppose its simply not true at the 9.0 and above level.

Ed

DC will soon be soliciting for a Showcase volume of The War that Time Forgot. Can someone knowledgeable tell me if the stories are readable 40 years later? Zonker? Anyone?

Gotta be honest with you, never liked the War that Time Forgot, and I don't own a single dino book!

There is some nice Heath art in there, though.

Shep

Gotta be honest with you, never liked the War that Time Forgot, and I don't own a single dino book!

Shep

Thanks guys. I now know not to order it!

Shep

I'm not saying not to get it... there are a lot of guys who love the dinos!! Certainly, they are pricey in their original issues.

Shep

Shep

I'm not saying not to get it... there are a lot of guys who love the dinos!! Certainly, they are pricey in their original issues.

Shep

Given that those Showcase books are so inexpensive, I might pick it up anyway.

On a side note, why are they doing this book BEFORE a showcase Losers book? frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Taking the wayback machine to the early silver age..a couple of seldomly seen covers:

sm102.jpg

Love this cover!