• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Okay, we are halfway through the JO 10 cent run, Here is 29. This book has the story that introduced Krypto into Superman stories. Up until this point Krypto had only been used in Superboy stories. In this issues an aged Krypto (aided by Superman's Pal) goes through a fountain of youth and is restored to a young dog. From this point forward Krypto is used in a number of Superman stories.

It's interesting to note that on the Krypto the Super-Dog cartoon series the writers made it so that Krypto went into suspended animation and arrived on Earth many years after Kal-El, showing up when he was Superman...therefore never belonging to Superboy.

jo29.jpg

Okay, we are halfway through the JO 10 cent run, Here is 29. This book has the story that introduced Krypto into Superman stories. Up until this point Krypto had only been used in Superboy stories. In this issues an aged Krypto (aided by Superman's Pal) goes through a fountain of youth and is restored to a young dog. From this point forward Krypto is used in a number of Superman stories.

It's interesting to note that on the Krypto the Super-Dog cartoon series the writers made it so that Krypto went into suspended animation and arrived on Earth many years after Kal-El, showing up when he was Superman...therefore never belonging to Superboy.

Thanks for that info! Always watching and enjoying popcorn.gifthumbsup2.gif

wow....no one posted in a couple days? Jimmy got you all that riveted? Okay, back on a short break between trips....here's Jimmy 33. A note on some of these issues. I was buying them before the Internet played into collecting...these were supposed to be fine or better....a good thing scanners came around, eh? Well....some of these are just so hard to find in that condition, that I just kept them hoping to upgrade someday.

jo33.jpg

wow....no one posted in a couple days?

Working too darn hard. crazy.gif

Nice Jimmys! Love the one where he's wearing the crazy goggles!

Can't let Danny carry all the weight in this thread. Just cracked this beauty out this morning. I bought it as a 7.0 in the last Comiclink auction and to me it looks like a solid 8.0.

Ken

talesunexp15.jpg

Hi guys and gals,

I rarely post anything new in the collection but was pretty excited about these coming in today. For the DC lovers these are tough .10 cent issues to find in high grade.

Thanks for looking,

Rube

flash106.jpg

flash111-1.jpg

flash114-1.jpg

Can't let Danny carry all the weight in this thread. Just cracked this beauty out this morning. I bought it as a 7.0 in the last Comiclink auction and to me it looks like a solid 8.0.

Ken

talesunexp15.jpg

Very Nice hail.gifthumbsup2.gif

That book is a beauty Ken!

Agreed. Moiera greytone!

Hi guys and gals,

I rarely post anything new in the collection but was pretty excited about these coming in today. For the DC lovers these are tough .10 cent issues to find in high grade.

Thanks for looking,

Rube

flash106.jpg

Start of the Grodd triology!!!! hail.gif