• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Most Under-valued Books in the OS Guide?

89 posts in this topic

What are the Most Under-valued Books in the OS Guide?

The Superman/Bradman custom comic. It guides at four dollars, there were only twenty five ever printed, and most of those are lost and there are only three copies in private hands in the whole world.

Similarly, the Narrative Illustration comic book that All American put out - there are only three known copies.

Plus......

Double Action 2.

What Do You Know About This Comic's Seal Of Approval (I just bought it for about six times guide and that was a bargain).

Twisted Metal (Soooo very very rare)

New Adventure 13

Happy Tooth

DC Superheroes 1977 Vitamins giveaway

Buzzy 70

Superman And The Great Cleveland Fire

Fat And Slat Joke Book

Supergear

All five Flash Force 2000 mini-comics - the rarest set of giveaways of all time.

Flash 104

ALL THESE ARE SO RIDICULOUSLY UNDERVALUED THAT IT'S A STANDING JOKE.

You got the What Do You Know?!? Well done, old bean!

Undervalued:

Albedo 2

Twisted Metal giveaway

Supergear giveaway

Flash 104

Star Wars 4 35 cent variant

Detective Comics 54 (first "Happy Batman" logo)

Fantastic Four 1 in low grade

Amazing Spider-Man 1 in low grade

Showcase 22

Showcase 25

Been pretty suprised the 3.5 on Pedigree hasn't sold yet considering it presents as a 6.0+. Thats exactly the kind of ASM 1 I want for my raw collection, looks great, but isn't great because of a flaw I could almost care less about.

You got the What Do You Know?!? Well done, old bean!

Undervalued:

Albedo 2

Twisted Metal giveaway

Supergear giveaway

Flash 104

Star Wars 4 35 cent variant

Detective Comics 54 (first "Happy Batman" logo)

Fantastic Four 1 in low grade

Amazing Spider-Man 1 in low grade

Showcase 22

Showcase 25

Yeah, at $1265, it had to be the bargain of the century. I can't find anyone else in the world who knows of another copy.

And I see you agreed with Twisted Metal, Supergear, and Flash 104, all of which I listed here myself, and all of which are stupidly undervalued to the extent that NOBODY would ever sell them for guide, not ever.

Can you imagine, with hindsight, anyone selling a copy of Buzzy 70 for $10 ???? It has NEVER ever come up again since those couple of copies turned up from that big find of 1950s comics that Archiefan and Shield pounced upon to get my copy.

I started listing over four hundred DCs not even listed in Overstreet, but when I saw last year how they so stubbornly ignored all the evidence about both Double Action 2 and the Superman/Bradman comic (In fact they generously raised their value of the latter from three to four dollars, believe it or not), that I decided not to bother trying to help. You can only bash your head against a wall so many times, especially when they have advisors like DTA, who tried to sell me my last comic that I need at over ten times the Overstreet VF price.

At the end of the day, and I don't mean this in any sort of boastful way at all, no matter how it may appear, who could know more than I do about the scarcity and value of DC's ????

Catman 13 - a 2.0 copy probably sells for more than 9.2 guide.

Fight 31 - which is probably worth 4 or 5X guide in any grade.

Giant Comics Edition 12 - despite a steady rise in the guide, another book worth several multiples in any shape.

It Rhymes with Lust - another grail for Baker fans - seems to sell for $300-$400 in G to G/VG. 2.0 guide is $61

I know there are more 40s & 50s books that are this far off in the guide, not just in HG, but any grade, and have been for years. The above are just what came to mind right away.