• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Most Under-valued Books in the OS Guide?

89 posts in this topic

I've noticed the same thing with JIM issues. seems like lately I've seen tons of high grade (starting as "low" as 8.5) JIM's selling for WAY over guide. I've been opting for the mid-grades which usually go for at-or-less than guide myself...

wonder if high-grade JIM collectors would agree?

JIM's are "supahot"!

Shield's not around, so I'll post for him...

Pep #20

Pep #27

Pep #34

Thanks Nearmint! Just got back from taking Mrs. Shield out for Valentine's Day dinner. I would say Pep Comics #20, 22-55 are WAY undervalued in the guide, as well as Hangman Comics 3, Zip Comics #22, and Archie 1-13.

'Mazing Man (Any issue), Booster Gold, Blue Devil

With respect, I see these all the time for the equivalent of fifty cents.

I was talking of ridiculously rare undervalued comics like Double Action 1, and the Superman/Bradman custom comic, where the Overstreet price is a pathetic travesty.

Suggesting in the same thread that Mazing Man might be undervalued is just too too sad to be worth passing comment on.

I was talking of ridiculously rare undervalued comics like Double Action 1, and the Superman/Bradman custom comic, where the Overstreet price is a pathetic travesty.

Suggesting in the same thread that Mazing Man might be undervalued is just too too sad to be worth passing comment on.

How about New Adventures 26? Seems a little under-valued to me... poke2.gif

Ian

With all due respect, you really need to figure out when people are kidding around.

World's Fair #1 . More specifically the 1940 version - it is nearly half the value and is just as hard to find, if not harder in the higher grades.

X-Men 10 - how many 9.4's have you seen ?

X-Men 67-93 reprint issues - unless you are a high grade completist, most people do not realize how hard these are to find. Take a look at the census at issues 73, 76, 79- they are impossible to find in high grade. Guide should be twice of what it is.

ASM 39

Star Brand #16

Avengers 1- 67 except issue 4, 7, 9 and 57.

FF 41-44, 46. 47 and some in the 50's

Batman 150's to 200's - not all but quite a few in this range.

All early JIM's.

Granted , not your typical list and not all high dollar items but percentage wise, I think they are under valued.

X-Men 67-93 reprint issues - unless you are a high grade completist, most people do not realize how hard these are to find. Take a look at the census at issues 73, 76, 79- they are impossible to find in high grade. Guide should be twice of what it is.

X-men # 79 is the toughest of any bronze age book to find in high grade. There are none above 9.2 in the census. 893whatthe.gif