• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE WORLD AROUND US

45 posts in this topic

Loved the film version of "The Window" with Bobby Driscoll in the title role. Cornell Woolrich is one of my favorite writers of all time. Our local library has all his works including the classic "Rear Window" which Hitchcock adapted in what I think was one of his three or four best movies. I gotta find me that issue so I can read the comic book adaptation!

It is a forum like this that proves how much I like comic books and why I spend time in the CGC forum. I did not grow up with these comics but I feel giddy seeing all these cool covers and exploring something new. I want the dinosaur issue :cloud9:

here is another group of the Famous Authors

These are much harder to find than the Classics or the WAU's

I can easily believe it. Thanks for posting, those are terrific - I had no idea that this title had white outline images on the covers. I am crazy for that technique! Oh no...another want list?

Just found this and one other in a box of comics I had forgotten about over the

years. Along with around 50 Golden Age Comics of mine were a group of Silver

and Bronze Age comics that my Sons and I picked up at an auction.

I really don't remember this and had no idea it was part of the CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED

group of comics. As you can see this book was purchased at WOOLWORTH'S for the

LOW PRICE of 5 for 57 cents. It's number 23 with an issue date of July 1960.

20238546846_7539e4b01b_b.jpg

I had trouble finding the Scientists issue and searched for several years Then found two the same week.