• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil #12

9 posts in this topic

thunsicker means the scan is a little cropped regardless. ;)

This defect is called miswrap, and although not much desirable it doesn’t affect much a book in this grade range. In fact, there are examples of drastic miswraps (both to the back and to the front cover) in high grades, up to VFNM or more.

It is mostly a matter of personal preference as it is what is commonly called a "manufacturing defect", which in this case means the book cover has not been stapled with a good centering compared to the interiors. (thumbs u

Today I check more carefully this comic book and discovered something I didn't noticed before.

In the last page there was a coupon that was cut away. So the corner of the last page looks something like this:

sOD8ZlT.jpg

Sorry for the scan but I didn't want to bend the pages.

How much this defect lower the grade?

Let me know

I also believe with the coupon cut-out it would get a "Qualified" (green label) grade from CGC, but if we have to grade it overall, I would say it would become a Poor, or Poor/Fair as it is incomplete.

This is a classic example where you should give it back to the seller, or ask for a refund. Although in this case, if the seller thinks he has given you a good deal on the bunch of books, it might be harder to obtain. :shrug: