• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM #110 help please

60 posts in this topic

Got a 4.5 on this book it has since been freed from the slab. 724713-Image002%284%29.jpg

893whatthe.gif You were robbed!

Robbed? With that four-inch crease on the right lower corner/edge, he was lucky to get a 4.5! That book is nowhere near as nice as the JIM#110 that is the subject of this thread. foreheadslap.gif

I can't see the crease you mention, but I'll take your word that it's there, and in that case 4.5 would be more in line.

Look between the light blue lines I added, then go back and look at the original picture.

ss4-currin.jpg

Yeah, it's enough to knock it down from 6.0 to a 5.5, books a walk in the park 5.5. They gave my ASM 101 with same type of crease except upper right corner a 6.0, so there is no way I'd except a 4.5, which I did'nt-it's free and back in the raw run. Plus the crease in question does'nt run from corner to corner.

Comes down from the top, through the comic code, and with this I rest my case. My SS4 is a solid 5.5 if this book is a 6.0.

I can't see what the spine or corners or missing edges of this book look like. The rest of the book would have to be gorgeous or your ASM#101 got a gift grade.

Your SS#4 looks like a 4.5. I do not think it qualifies as a FN- with that crease and all of the other corner, spine, and edge wear that I can see.

Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as I've been collecting for 26 years now. I use the OS standards, and my SS4 condition wise is much better than the allowances for 4.0-4.5. A 6.0 can have a moderate cover crease with color break, a major cover crease would be..say a subscriptuion fold down the middle. My SS4 meets OS grading guide for a 6.0, but I knock it down to a 5.5. On the plus side is has better reflectivity than is allowed for a 6.0 and it has off-white pages, where a 6.0 is allowed tan to brown. When grading a book the positives must be weighed against the negatives, and my SS4 has enough aspects consistent with a higher grade than 6.0 allowances, and is better than what is allowed for a 4.0(yes better than the extras for a 4.5) the cover is not loose, cover relectivity is not low, there is no soiling and no pieces are missing. So, I'll have to disagree with the 4.5 grade, the book just has to many other positives in it's favor to be that low-peace CC.

Send it in Dan, I think you will be pleased with the result. smile.gif

Sure FFB is paying for it. poke2.gif27_laughing.gif

There were so many posts for me to quote from, but FFB put his money where his mouth and grading touch is. I will post a scan when it comes back, but it got the 7.0 OWW off my renewal certs. Hmm knowing FFB I probably would not have been able to collect since I paid for my one year subscription, not the grading certs. Well you saved yourself a legal battle anyway...27_laughing.gif

Dan

There were so many posts for me to quote from, but FFB put his money where his mouth and grading touch is. I will post a scan when it comes back, but it got the 7.0 OWW off my renewal certs. Hmm knowing FFB I probably would not have been able to collect since I paid for my one year subscription, not the grading certs. Well you saved yourself a legal battle anyway...lol

Dan

Dan,

Congrats! It's quite a bit of fun to go back and look at everyone's posts and comments about this one gossip.gif(especially Tomega's) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

acclaim.gif and Kudos for Nikos for nailing it out of the chute!!! hi.gif

There were so many posts for me to quote from, but FFB put his money where his mouth and grading touch is. I will post a scan when it comes back, but it got the 7.0 OWW off my renewal certs. Hmm knowing FFB I probably would not have been able to collect since I paid for my one year subscription, not the grading certs. Well you saved yourself a legal battle anyway...lol

Dan

Dan,

Congrats! It's quite a bit of fun to go back and look at everyone's posts and comments about this one gossip.gif(especially Tomega's) 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

acclaim.gif and Kudos for Nikos for nailing it out of the chute!!! hi.gif

Actually I thought most graders did fairly well considering they were not able to hold the book. The interiors were all great which probably helped the books cause.

I had a good time reading the posts myself.

Dan

Dan

thumbsup2.gif

lot's of folks either within a half grade (on their 1st guess) or hedged around 7.0.

kudos to Nikos, Jimm and Garth as the only three who said di 7.0 without hedging in any way........... acclaim.gif e

Dan

thumbsup2.gif

lot's of folks either within a half grade (on their 1st guess) or hedged around 7.0.

kudos to Nikos, Jimm and Garth as the only three who said di 7.0 without hedging in any way........... acclaim.gif e

Here it is:

CGC JIM #110 Front

CGC JIM #110 Back

Thanks.

Dan

smJIM110fa.jpg